• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not save CR Defaults using the 2010 process

Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to save a Camera RAW setting set using the 2010 Process (now called V2) as the Camera RAW Default. Camera RAW will not do this. For new images it reverts to V5 or (2012 depending on which version of CR) with the point curve, exposure, contrast, and black settings changed to sort of but not very well emulate the 2010 output. Is this a bug? A "feature"? New Defaults stick if the V5 Process is used and I can apply my saved setting set (which uses the 2010 Process), but I cannot save it as the Default. Any suggestions to work around this? I've tested this with Camera RAW 12 and Camera RAW 9.1.1.

Thank You.

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Camera Raw is designed to default to process version 5 for new images. As far as I know, there is no workaround. You will have to apply a preset after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, version 5 is the default. If you have an old file adjust with a previous version, it will keep that, but any new file will use version 5, which is actually much better, as they corrected some major color shifts that were in the earlier versions. In fact, If I open one of my old files, I reedit it, as the new version is much better. I would create a new preset with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps for some pictorial work but 2010 is better for reproductions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then it will be necessary to apply a preset. There is no workaround, unfortunately for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines