• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't convert raw files from Nikon D3400

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't convert raw files from my new Nikon D3400. I am using DNG Converter v9.10 and when I convert the folder, the program says for each file "The file could not be created. How can I convert these files? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version of the DNG converter works with the NEF files from your camera. Is there any chance that you used Nikon Transfer to download the images from your camera. That software is notorious for corrupting the files and making them unreadable by Adobe software. If you did, then here is a link to a utility that you can download and run and to repair those files so that you can then convert them.

Fix Corrupted Nikon NEF Images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jim! Thanks for your response. But no... I was going straight from SD to the DNG converter which I've always done with RAW files from my other cameras. But I did now try transferring from SD to the hard drive and then converting and that seemed to do the trick. So thank you for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines