Highlighted

Can't Install Camera Raw 8.5 w/Photoshop CC on OS X

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC on OS X. I open the .dmg file and run the AdobePatchInstaller.app. I get "Update Failed. Updates could not be applied. This patch is not applicable for you..." Hmmm. I am using Photoshop CC and I did download AdobeCameraRaw-8.5-CC-mul-AdobeUpdate. Thoughts?

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Can't Install Camera Raw 8.5 w/Photoshop CC on OS X

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC on OS X. I open the .dmg file and run the AdobePatchInstaller.app. I get "Update Failed. Updates could not be applied. This patch is not applicable for you..." Hmmm. I am using Photoshop CC and I did download AdobeCameraRaw-8.5-CC-mul-AdobeUpdate. Thoughts?

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
28 Replies

Re: Can't Install Camera Raw 8.5 w/Photoshop CC on OS X

Adobe Community Professional, Jun 12, 2014

What OS X version are you running? What precise version of PS-CC are you running?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

OS X 10.9.3

Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x64

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I'm seeing the same problem with both of my Macs, and I'm running with the same OS X and Photoshop versions.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Same problem here.  Every single freaking time they update camera raw this happens.  Adobe's website is also not working or very slow. 

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi All,

Please provide me with a snapshot from Ps->Help->Update->Preferences. Please ensure Camera Raw entries are present here.

Please confirm your ACR version from Help->About Plugin->Camera Raw and provide us with the following logs.

You can find them at:

ACR Installer logs

For Mac:

Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer

For Win:

Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

AAM logs

For Mac:

/Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

For Win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

You can zip all the files together and send us through mail. This would help us in finding the root cause.

Appreciate your help. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

asnigam@adobe.com

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi Ashutosh

I have the same problem, updated to PS CC 2014, AAM reports that there are no updates and yet ACR version is 8.4.1. There are no installer logs for Photoshop Camera Raw beyond 8.4.

Bridge also did not update or even show up in CC.app as an item that needed to be updated. I needed to uninstall Bridge (with uninstaller) quit the CC.app and once restarted it found the new version and installed.

reference_16_55_10.jpg

Mac 10.8.5

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Is there a direct link to download that can be posted for the new ACR?

thanks

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Jun 19, 2014
View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

thanks, but unfortunately the patch doesn't work for me. Mac 10.8.5 CC.... the cloud app shows that the account is active and on.

These subscription updates are beginning to have a real cost in lost time.

Is there a single upload available just for Camera Raw 8.5 without an installer?

reference_07_17_33.jpg

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi All,

Please provide a screenshot from Ps->Help->Update->Preferences. Please ensure Camera Raw entries are present here.

This ensure your updates application.

If it is not present then you need  to re-install PS CC 2014 It would be listed in Previous Version section. (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html)

Regards,

Ashutosh

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Camera Raw is not included in the list I will try to reinstall.

Is there a reason that this is occurring? This seems to have effected Mac and PC's so I assume it's not on the client side?

SSPrengel - thank you!  I found the standalone ACR 8.5 within the Payloads folder of the DMG. If the reinstall of PS 2014 doesn't work I will manually install it from there. Thanks again.

reference_07_42_00.jpg

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Yes this is the reason Camera Raw Product Update are not being identified.

Manual installation of ACR patcher will also not work unless ACR is listed in this list.

Regards,

Ashutosh

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Unfortunately uninstalling PS 2014 didn't work -

I uninstalled with the uninstaller CC PS 2014, twice, once without the prefs and once with the prefs removed, and I have restarted the computer. But ACR is not listed in the Updater prefs and it shows all apps are up to date.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi Ashutosh,

below is my preference screeshotScreen Shot 2014-07-06 at 18.33.57.png.

1. I tried reinstalling PS CC 2014 number of times.

2. Updated my CC.

3. Quit and relogged into CC each time i reinstalled or did something related to PS.

Stll no hope to see the update of ACR.

My OS: Mac OS X (10.9.4)

PS CC: 2014.0.0.xxxxx

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I'm having the same issue, had a similar issue with Extension manager CC a few months ago & after days of correspondence still never got it fixed!

Strangely, my standalone LR updated to 5.5 / with ACR 8.5 no problem !

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Lightroom is included with is own Camera Raw sort !!!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

i did uninstall Bridge CC Photoshop CC + Photoshop CC 2014

uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App + Trashed Adobe Manager etc...

this is not working at all Camera Raw still in 8.4

this situation come from February update since the last version of CC did not update automatically Camera Raw i had to uninstall Bridge to get the update but this major update this is not working at all

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines