Can't Install Camera Raw 8.5 w/Photoshop CC on OS X

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC on OS X. I open the .dmg file and run the AdobePatchInstaller.app. I get "Update Failed. Updates could not be applied. This patch is not applicable for you..." Hmmm. I am using Photoshop CC and I did download AdobeCameraRaw-8.5-CC-mul-AdobeUpdate. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2014 2
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expierience the same problems. Can't update to ACR 8.5. And the Creative Cloud Updater keeps updating Bridge CC, PS CC and PS 2014 CC...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

• Quit and Relaunch CC app

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-connection-faq.html#id_10491

• Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application.
    • Mac OS: Go to the Applications folder and open the Adobe Creative Cloud alias.
    • Windows 7: Go to Start > All Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud
    • Windows 8: Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application from the Start Screen.
  • Click the Apps tab in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
  • Click on All Apps, then Previous Version

Creative Cloud App More Info.jpg

• Your installed CC Product would be listed, Click on Install Drop-down and then select the CC 2014 to install.
  • After Successful Installation, Update your Product

Let me know if you are still not able to Update ACR.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2014 1
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help... But PS CC 2014 is not listed under previous versions. My Apps  are all updated, but as you can see, ACR 8.5 is not.

Exemple 1.jpg

example 2.jpg

After restarting my computer, all updates are gone... Seriously, I'm getting frustrated!

example 3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see few Updates to be installed on your system, Please Update it by clicking on the icon on top of CC application.

Verify ACR version; as you said CC 2014 is not listed in that case you need to select PS CC from the drop down.

What is the version of ACR for PS CS6? -> You can find it in Help->About Plugin->ACR.

I believe you are not an Enterprise User.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uups, I'm sorry. I uninstalled CS6 a few minutes ago, because I reinstalled it by accident.

PS CC and CC 2014 ACR version is 8.0.0.137

And as you can see on the first image, all apps are up to date. A few mintues later, (after rebooting my computer) all updates are gone. (clock on the bottom right of the pictures)

I updated like a hundred times! It's not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2014 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seen the post from June 23rd. Thank you.

I couldn't work out why my laptop was updating and the desktop wasn't.

All fixed now - even the extension manager which had also dug its heels in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem.  I am on Windows 7.

Both my copies of Photoshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 show ACR version 8.0.0.137.  My copy of Lightroom shows ACR vers 8.5.  This afternoon I reinstalled Photoshop CC using the "previous version" directions listed in the above post dated June 23 - no effect on updating CC or CC 2014 to ACR 8.5. 

When I open the "Help" "Updates" menu in Photoshop CC 2014, it shows that my system is current and updated (which it obviously is not).  Preferences there also list Photoshop Camera Raw 7 and Photoshop Camera Raw 8, so update preferences seem to be set correctly, yet it is not picking up the need to update to version 8.5.

I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.  Any additional help is appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the manual install process Adobe has posted because so many people have this problem:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-applictions-cannot-updated.html

If you’re on a Mac, note that the paths in step 4 are from the root of the Macintosh HD, not under your User folder which sometimes begins with a tilde (~).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for some time, my laptop running Win 8.1 (yuk) was updating without problem. My desktop with Win 7 was not.

I even assumed for a while that the latest updates were for Win 8 only. It was when I checked them out I realised this was not so.

Finally decided to have one more go on here and found the post from just over a week ago. I followed the instructions and after the reinstall of Photoshop CC 2014, all of a sudden everything had an update.

(Bridge; Photoshop CC; Extension Manager and Photoshop CC 2014).

However one program will still not update (Elements version 12) But I had already worked out Adobe's fix and copied ACR from the Photoshop Plugins folder to that of Elements.

Quicker than a reinstall.

The only issue I have now is the extension manager no longer recognising .MXP files. The current Extn Mngr won't convert them, but Extension Manager CS6 should.

It does seem to work at first - run the program\Tools\Convert MXP to ZXP, then get asked where to save. Choose a location, click save and nothing appears. Still stuck with the original MXP which is useless.

Grateful if anyone has any ideas on this.

Also does Lightroom actually use ACR or is it part and parcel of the program. I don't seem able to find a file in any of the obvious places.

One thing that has happened is my Window\Extensions menu command is no longer greyed out. Reinstalling On One Premium 8.5.1 solved that.

One thing though, it's OK Adobe showing how to fix ACR, but if the programs will not update at all what else is not coming through?

REDennis, try reinstalling CC 2014 and not CC, this is what I did. But your versions of ACR should still be much later than this. Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution, found elsewhere in the Adobe Communities, was to find the ACR v8.5x file that was installed and operational for my Lightroom 5.5, and copy that file to the appropriate Adobe PS CC 2014 subdirectory.  Once I did that ACR v8.5x opened properly in PS.  No other method of installing Photoshop CC or CC 2014 installed ACR v8.5x on my Windows 7 x64 system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2014 0
duc_sue LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the location to the file in lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2014 0