• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Camera Raw 8.5 w/Photoshop CC on OS X

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC on OS X. I open the .dmg file and run the AdobePatchInstaller.app. I get "Update Failed. Updates could not be applied. This patch is not applicable for you..." Hmmm. I am using Photoshop CC and I did download AdobeCameraRaw-8.5-CC-mul-AdobeUpdate. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the manual install process Adobe has posted because so many people have this problem:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-applictions-cannot-updated.html

If you’re on a Mac, note that the paths in step 4 are from the root of the Macintosh HD, not under your User folder which sometimes begins with a tilde (~).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for some time, my laptop running Win 8.1 (yuk) was updating without problem. My desktop with Win 7 was not.

I even assumed for a while that the latest updates were for Win 8 only. It was when I checked them out I realised this was not so.

Finally decided to have one more go on here and found the post from just over a week ago. I followed the instructions and after the reinstall of Photoshop CC 2014, all of a sudden everything had an update.

(Bridge; Photoshop CC; Extension Manager and Photoshop CC 2014).

However one program will still not update (Elements version 12) But I had already worked out Adobe's fix and copied ACR from the Photoshop Plugins folder to that of Elements.

Quicker than a reinstall.

The only issue I have now is the extension manager no longer recognising .MXP files. The current Extn Mngr won't convert them, but Extension Manager CS6 should.

It does seem to work at first - run the program\Tools\Convert MXP to ZXP, then get asked where to save. Choose a location, click save and nothing appears. Still stuck with the original MXP which is useless.

Grateful if anyone has any ideas on this.

Also does Lightroom actually use ACR or is it part and parcel of the program. I don't seem able to find a file in any of the obvious places.

One thing that has happened is my Window\Extensions menu command is no longer greyed out. Reinstalling On One Premium 8.5.1 solved that.

One thing though, it's OK Adobe showing how to fix ACR, but if the programs will not update at all what else is not coming through?

REDennis, try reinstalling CC 2014 and not CC, this is what I did. But your versions of ACR should still be much later than this. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution, found elsewhere in the Adobe Communities, was to find the ACR v8.5x file that was installed and operational for my Lightroom 5.5, and copy that file to the appropriate Adobe PS CC 2014 subdirectory.  Once I did that ACR v8.5x opened properly in PS.  No other method of installing Photoshop CC or CC 2014 installed ACR v8.5x on my Windows 7 x64 system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the location to the file in lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines