• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't launch DNG Converter 10.2

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.7.1 and have downloaded the DNG converter 10.2.

I can't get the file to launch/open, though.  My computer indicates it has finished installing but it doesn't show up in my programs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

If you have this problem please try installing Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Available for download at this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thank you,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer should put a shortcut on your desktop, but if it didn't, you will have to locate the .exe file and create a shortcut to that.

On Windows, the converter is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe ​(it's a 32-bit program).

Probably somewhere similar on a Mac, but since I don't use a Mac, I don't know.

DNG-converter-location.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in 10.2 which prevents the converter to launch. It works fine in some Windows 10 versions . In some it works and in some it don't. I reinstalled windows without installing any other apps but it still isn't going. So it is really the 10.2 / windows version combi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of this problem and our Engineering team is working on it. Please add your vote by clicking the "me-too" option here: Camera Raw and DNG: DNG converter 10.2 installs but fails to open | Photoshop Family Customer Commun...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a reply from an Adobe staff member saying that Adobe is aware of the problem and is working on it. If your camera is supported in DNG converter 10.1, you could try that version in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have this problem please try installing Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Available for download at this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thank you,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Microsoft's Visual C++ and I could open Dng converter last week. Now I have again the same problem, can't launch DNG converter anymore. I've tried to unstillad Microsft Visual C++ and install it again but nothing... What can I do?

Many thanks

Rocio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an older version of the DNG converter (older than 10.3) I would suggest installing the 10.3 version that was released recently. I think they fixed an issue that was plaguing an earlier version. No need to uninstall the old one, just install the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines