Can't open my RAW files in CS6!!

Hi!

I recently bought a new camera; Canon 5D mark IV and now i cant open my raw files i bridge cs6 even though i updated everything it says.. and i need to fix this as soon as possible. please help me!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Can't open my RAW files in CS6!!

Hi!

I recently bought a new camera; Canon 5D mark IV and now i cant open my raw files i bridge cs6 even though i updated everything it says.. and i need to fix this as soon as possible. please help me!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by Per Berntsen
Adobe Community Professional
| Adobe Community Professional

This camera requires at least Camera Raw version 9.7, but the latest version for CS6 is 9.1.1. CS6 is old software, and hasn't been updated for several years.

You can download the free DNG converter, which will convert (copies of) your raw files to DNG files, which can be opened by CS6.

See Adobe Digital Negative Converter for instructions on how to use it.

To be able to open your raw files directly in Bridge/Photoshop, you will have to subscribe to the CC Photography plan ($10 a month for Photoshop and Lightroom).

1 Reply

Re: Can't open my RAW files in CS6!!

This camera requires at least Camera Raw version 9.7, but the latest version for CS6 is 9.1.1. CS6 is old software, and hasn't been updated for several years.

You can download the free DNG converter, which will convert (copies of) your raw files to DNG files, which can be opened by CS6.

See Adobe Digital Negative Converter for instructions on how to use it.

To be able to open your raw files directly in Bridge/Photoshop, you will have to subscribe to the CC Photography plan ($10 a month for Photoshop and Lightroom).

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines