• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open raw files in CS6

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues opening raw files in CS6. I downloaded the camera raw plug in 9.11 (i was told this is the most current/up to date version).

Here's what I think is the issue. I have attempted to install the raw plug in at least 20 times. I will go through the process, click finish, then nothing. I click on the plug in again and it asks me if I want to install..... after I JUST DID! I have tried deleting the download all together and then re downloading the plug in about 5 times, no change.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop and restarting my computer.

Can anyone help?!!

I am at a loss and I really don't want to shoot in jpeg just because of this glitch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

juliak66695136 wrote:

I am having issues opening raw files in CS6. I downloaded the camera raw plug in 9.11 (i was told this is the most current/up to date version).

Yes, 9.1.1 is the last version of Camera Raw which is compatible with CS6.

Check if you've already got Raw 9.1.1 installed: Help (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw.

If it says 9.1.1 then you're as up to date as you can be.

However all versions of Camera Raw after 9.1.1 are only compatible with Cloud versions of Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC or Mac?  Which OS?  There are other constraints that could limit you to an earlier version of ACR other than 9.11

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

and see Note 5.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

juliak66695136 wrote:

Yes, 9.1.1 is the last version of Camera Raw which is compatible with CS6.

Check if you've already got Raw 9.1.1 installed: Help (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw.

If it says 9.1.1 then you're as up to date as you can be.

However all versions of Camera Raw after 9.1.1 are only compatible with Cloud versions of Photoshop. Current version is 9.6.1.

Which camera make and model are your Raw files from?

The likely cause of your problem is that you need a later version of Camera Raw then CS6 is compatible with.

Supported cameras: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

If you don't want to join the Cloud then you can use the Adobe DNG converter

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines