• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't reopen the ACR Plugin; don't want the ACR filter

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to reopen a .PSD or .TIFF file in the Camera Raw plugin after I have made changes to it. I can open the file in the Camera Raw Filter, but it doesn't show the changes I made. At one time, we were able to reopen files again after they have been worked on and go back into Camera Raw and make more changes, but that seems to have disappeared. Or has it and I just can't find it?

This is what I'm doing, when I open a .CR2 file in ACR, I make changes to it, such as noise reduction and color. I then hit Open Image and it opens in Photoshop. I work on the image and occasionally find maybe a highlight is too bright and want to go back into ACR where I adjusted it before. But when I open the Camera Raw Filter, the changes I made to the original .CR2 are not there. I used to be able to open the file again in Camera Raw where it shows me the changes I made and can modify them more, but I can't find it now.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried the Adobe Chat, but they weren't able to help and I've also gone through as many help files as I could find, but no luck. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open as Smart Object" is probably what you want. It will embed the raw file in the PSD, so that you can go back to ACR and readjust, by double-clicking the thumbnail in the Layers Panel.

Hold shift and "Open Image" turns into "Open Object".

One limitation with Smart Objects is that they can't be directly pixel-edited. But you can use adjustment layers, masks, filters and transforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever you use the camera raw filter, everything starts out at the default settings. The filter will never reflect what you did in camera raw originally. If you open the image as a smart object in Photoshop then you can call the camera raw plug-in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines