Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Update ACR

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I currently have 7.0 and I tried to download 10.4 and it says it installed but when I open ACR from bridge it still says 7.0 so I tried to download the previous update before 10.4 but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Yes, Photoshop is now subscription only. The cheapest option is the Photography plan at $10 a month, which also includes Lightroom Classic. This will give you all the latest features in ACR, as well as regular updates with support for new cameras.

Another option is to download and install the free DNG converter which will convert your raw files to DNG files that can be read by CS6. (I assume that you have a new camera that requires ACR 10.4)

Before converting your raw files, you should update ACR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 10.4 can only be used with Photoshop CC, which is only available by subscription (Photography plan).

Since you have Camera Raw 7, I'm guessing that you have Photoshop CS5 or CS6.

The latest version that can be used with CS6 is 9.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have CS6, I'm guessing you just cant buy the photoshop program by its self anymore? You have to pay for it monthly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop is now subscription only. The cheapest option is the Photography plan at $10 a month, which also includes Lightroom Classic. This will give you all the latest features in ACR, as well as regular updates with support for new cameras.

Another option is to download and install the free DNG converter which will convert your raw files to DNG files that can be read by CS6. (I assume that you have a new camera that requires ACR 10.4)

Before converting your raw files, you should update ACR to version 9.1.1, download from here: Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I do the Photography plan I will get Photoshop CC, Lightroom Classic, Bridge, and ACR all for $10 a month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get all these plus 20 GB cloud storage, and Lightroom CC, which is a cloud-based version of Lightroom with fewer features than Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Lightroom Classic CC isn't the full version of Lightroom either, or it is? Sorry! Just didn't understand why you got both lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is the full version. (Lightroom CC 2015 was its predecessor)

The new Lightroom CC (yes I know the name is confusing) is cloud-based, and will move all your images to the cloud.

If you are used to working with local files, you probably don't want to install it. And I don't think it was designed to be used in combination with Classic. I haven't tried it, but I have the impression that it's designed for amateurs who shoot jpg, and who don't need all the features in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines