New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the details:

Choosing Help > Updates... gives me the:

Adobe Applications Manager

Says "Checking for Updates..." With spinning wheel below which never ends

So I went to the Adobe website and downloaded and successfully ran Adobe DNG and Camera Raw Converter 8.2, but Photoshop still thinks it has version 8.1.0.43

Also when I run Adobe DNG Converter, it says 8.2.0.9.4

Just Photoshop isn't recognizing the upgraded plug-in.  All I need is for Photoshop to know it has the upgraded Camera Raw 8.2.  How do I do that?

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Try downloading the update from this link on Adobe Blogs, and install it manually.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop cs6 can only be upgraded to camera raw 7.1.

either upgrade to ps cc or use the dng converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad wrote:

photoshop cs6 can only be upgraded to camera raw 7.1.

either upgrade to ps cc or use the dng converter.

Since when?  I have Photoshop CS6, and I have installed and am using Camera Raw 8.2.  It will read all my Lightroom adjustments.  I just don't have access to new features.  I think your answer is not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer.  OK.  But I still have the larger problem of the Adobe Applications Manager giving me nothing but the spinning wheel when I choose "Help > Updates" from within Photoshop.  Does that mean nothing at all can be upgraded within photoshop cs6 anymore?  Or is there a problem with my Adobe Applications Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, me again.  That answer cannot be correct.  Look at what is on the support home page:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Camera Raw 8.2/DNG Converter 8.2 now available

We are happy to announce, Adobe Camera Raw 8.2 and DNG Converter 8.2 are now available. To update Adobe Camera Raw, use the update mechanisms in Photoshop CS6 or CC. (Help > Updates)

For more details on keeping Photoshop Up-To-Date: http://adobe.ly/PS-Up-To-Date For the latest camera support in older versions of Photoshop (CS2-CS5) see this article:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe updates the camera-raw plug-in for current versions of software, only. PS-CC (14) subscription license, PS-CS6 (13) perpetual license and Photoshop Elements 12 are the currently purchasable versions so they can all be updated to ACR 8.2, unless you’re on Windows XP which does support Elements, but doesn’t support ACR 8.2 so on XP you can only use PSE12 with the ACR is ships with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS-CS6(13) on Mac Mountain Lion.  So why can't I upgrade?  Frankly, I think it is a problem with the Applications Manager, as I described.  Does anyone else ave this problem where the Applications Manager just sits there with the spinning wheel?  I sure would love some help on this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide us with the following logs.

You can find them at:

ACR Installer logs

For Mac:

Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer

For Win:

Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

AAM logs

For Mac:

/Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

For Win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

You can zip all the files together and send us through mail. This would help us in finding the root cause.

Appreciate your help. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

asnigam@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved?  I too can't seem to upgrade to Camera Raw 8.2 on CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the update from this link on Adobe Blogs, and install it manually.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that link just let's you download Camera Raw directly but it doesn't identify the update to CS6.  You still have to go into Photoshop and choose Help>Updates to apply the update.  That is where my problem occurs, I just get a spinning wheel from Applications Manager and no error code or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that download an installation package that you run to actually install Camera Raw?  The installer, when run, should replace your existing Camera Raw with the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you SO much, JimHess, and please accept my apologies, Yammer.  That link is EXACTLY what I needed.  Thank you all for your help and persistence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had time to send in the logs as was requested, so, no--the issue was not resolved for me.  I did install Camera Raw on my computer manually, but the problem for me is that when I then try to update through CS6, Applications Manager just churns ad infinitum.  If the link in the post below bypasses Applications Manager to apply an update to CS6, then that might do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jic777, I was wrong about what I said before, and Yammer's link was exactly what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Got it.  Thank you, folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines