• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you disable the live preview when scrolling over presets in ACR 10.3?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there anyway to disable the realtime live preview when scrolling over presets in ACR 10.3? This is a new feature and wasn't present in previous versions of ACR. I find it slows down my workflow. Is there an option to turn it on and off? It's a burden when trying to batch edit a large volume of images. Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Hi jonathanf2,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. The live previews of presets cannot be disabled in ACR as of now since this is how we designed it to function.

However, could you please let us know how it is slowing down your workflow in camera raw?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonathanf2,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. The live previews of presets cannot be disabled in ACR as of now since this is how we designed it to function.

However, could you please let us know how it is slowing down your workflow in camera raw?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slight slow down is minor, but it's enough to be noticeable. It's not necessary for my work flow to preview each one, especially if I'm working on a large batch of images. For presets that are minor adjustments like adding a vignette or noise reduction, I'm already aware of the intensity so a preview becomes redundant when trying to work quickly. I would highly appreciate the ability to turn it on and off in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I'd suggest that you share it on our feedback community here Camera Raw and DNG | Photoshop Family Customer Community so that our Engineering team can take a look at it.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with jonathanf2. The issue I have is when I'm moving the mouse to get to another function, I see all this weird stuff happen to my image. Often times, I am reaching up to the Edit In Photoshop menu, and some present gets "previewed" but doesn't release.

Please allow users to choose whether to enable or disable this function.

Thanks,

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, have you tried turning off GPU support to see if that might improve things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim:

Yes, I have turned off GPU acceleration this morning. I have been struggling with why the develop module was not showing the image correctly for a while now, turning off GPU acceleration fixed this problem.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding me?

This is so annoying. Once again the needs of amateurs comes before the pros. The presets are tools not toys. I have 20 or so presets for each lighting situation which are subtle changes progressing from the first to the last and now every time I move my cursor into the preset field my clients see them flash back and forth? LAME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This quick view function unfortunately does more harm than good. It makes work much slower. Earlier it was so that often when comparing two presets I remember the appearance of the picture. By switching to the second preset I immediately saw the difference. Now all the presets "blink" one after the other causing chaos in my head and eyes. I can't see anything. A real "horror". In addition, moving the mouse over the presets causes the cursor to often freeze for a moment. Waste of my time! Please, give us the option to disable this feature.
Do You want to improve ACR? Listen to people who work, not young Photoshop apprentices. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does slow down my process, because every time I hover my mouse over the left preset panel it changes the image.  And sometimes it leaves the preview showing even though the preset hasn't been selected.  This causes me to have to go back over the left preset menu with my mouse to reset it.  Please take the preset preview away.  I made my presets, I know what they look like, I don't need my hand held when selecting them.

I don't want LR thinking, hogging up resources, or doing anything other than what I dictate it to do with an actual click of my mouse.

Akash Sharma​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fetanugs,

Thanks for the update.

I'd recommend that you share your feedback on our Camera raw feedback community here: Camera Raw and DNG | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​so that our Engineers can look into the possibilities of improving/modifying the preset live preview workflow in Camera raw.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another year later and this thing is still annoying.  obviously with larger files sizes and more presets it will slow operations down, and time is money.  Stop holding onto this unnecessary feature simply because you added it.  Do the right thing and remove it, or come up with a solution so users can disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove this thing, it has no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines