• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install latest version of Camera Raw

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw files (RAF) from my new camera - Fuji XT-3 do not open in camera raw - the error message i get indicates I need to install a newer version.

I have downloaded the latest version - Camera raw 12, and followed the instructions to install it. I then get the "successful install" window with the green tick etc, but then when I try to open the RAF files they still won't. And under "About" in Photoshop it still seems to have my old version of camera raw.

Help appreciated, I'm not very good with tech stuff. Do I maybe need to uninstall the old plug-in? Slightly worried about losing it incase of problems - compatability etc with the new one. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

If you're using CS5, you will need to download the dng converter rather than the latest version of camera raw.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Camera Raw. 

Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you are using? If you are using an older version of Photoshop, the latest Camera Raw version would not be compatible with it due to which you would still see the older version of Camera Raw under the About section inspite of installing Camera Raw 12.0. You can check the maximum version of Camera Raw that your version of Photoshop is compatible with at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Check the minimum Camera Raw version required for your Fuji XT-3 at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your reply.
I have Photoshop CS5 Version 12.0.4.
So to open RAF files from my FUJi XT-3 I need version 11 of Camera Raw. But my version of photoshop will only support up to version 6.7, which is the one I've been using up till now.
So, how do I update Photoshop to support version 11 Camera Raw?
Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> So, how do I update Photoshop to support version 11 Camera Raw?

You don't. You do what Chuck said.

Download and run the DNG converter and point it to the folder where your Raw files are stored - NOT to the individual Raw files themselves. Then convert all your Raw files to DNG format then open the converted DNG files (not the Raw files) in Photoshop CS5. An extra step for you but no extra cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Fujifilm X-S20 and am using Elements 2023.  Following advice from the Chat and the Community (see above), I downloaded the DNG converter but the converted files will not open in Camera Raw.  Any solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike36,

What operating system are you using?

If in the Photoshop Elements Editor you go to Help>About Plugin (windows) or Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 Editor>About Plugin (mac) and click on Camera Raw what Version does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using CS5, you will need to download the dng converter rather than the latest version of camera raw.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines