Highlighted

Cannot open a file with camera raw

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop CS6, camera raw 9.1.1. I have anew camera that requires camera raw 11.1, I cannot open the raw files. What should I do ? Can I download the latest version of camera raw ?

thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, you cannot do that. You are using the most recent version of Camera Raw that is compatible with that version of Photoshop. If you aren't going to upgrade Photoshop then your alternative would be to download the free DNG converter and create digital negative copies of your raw images. Those DNG files could then be opened with Camera Raw 9.1.1. Or you could purchase the latest version of Photoshop Elements. It has the latest Camera Raw. However, it has a somewhat abbreviated feature set.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open a file with camera raw

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop CS6, camera raw 9.1.1. I have anew camera that requires camera raw 11.1, I cannot open the raw files. What should I do ? Can I download the latest version of camera raw ?

thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, you cannot do that. You are using the most recent version of Camera Raw that is compatible with that version of Photoshop. If you aren't going to upgrade Photoshop then your alternative would be to download the free DNG converter and create digital negative copies of your raw images. Those DNG files could then be opened with Camera Raw 9.1.1. Or you could purchase the latest version of Photoshop Elements. It has the latest Camera Raw. However, it has a somewhat abbreviated feature set.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0