• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open RAW photos [Unable to open Canon T6 Raw files in Elements 13]

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Elements 13 on a PC, Windows 7 Professional.  I shot a bunch of photos in RAW on a Canon T6 and cannot open them.  Error message says to make sure I have the latest Camera Raw update.  Elements tells me all updates are current.  Navigating Adobe's site to figure it out is not clear at all, and it will not allow me to chat with customer support.

Just a note: I have seen other threads about this, but none that showed a resolution.  I'd appreciate anyone's help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The T6 was first supported in Camera Raw 9.5 which is only supported in Elements 14 and 15. So you'll never be able to open Raw images from that camera in Elements 13.

Options:

1. Upgrade to Elements 15 and edit Raw photos, or
  2. Stay with Elements 13 and download the free Adobe DNG converter. Batch convert all T6 Raw images to DNG format. Then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Elements 13. An extra step for you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The T6 was first supported in Camera Raw 9.5 which is only supported in Elements 14 and 15. So you'll never be able to open Raw images from that camera in Elements 13.

Options:

1. Upgrade to Elements 15 and edit Raw photos, or
  2. Stay with Elements 13 and download the free Adobe DNG converter. Batch convert all T6 Raw images to DNG format. Then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Elements 13. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, THANK YOU SO MUCH.  I appreciate the info.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines