• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 1DX Mark II and Photoshop CS6 & Lightroom 5.7

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Canon 1DX Mark II and Photoshop will not open and Camera Raw 9.5 will not install into Adobe Creative Suite Master CS6.

I also have Lightroom 5.7 It will not open Camera Raw from this camera. How do I install Camera Raw 6.5

Does Adobe CC Photography Photoshop/Lightroom have the appropriate Camera Raw Plugins 9.5 & 6.5 built in?

This is super frustrating!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Photoshop CC and Camera Raw ARE part of the Creative Cloud package. In fact the Creative Cloud photography plan ($9.99/month in the US) includes Photoshop CC /Bridge and Lightroom CC. You cannot purchase Photoshop CC as a standalone program. It is only available as a subscription program. If you have it already then you should have access to Lightroom CC as well, and they would both be completely compatible with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom 6.5 or newer in order to have support for your camera. The easiest way to get that is to subscribe to the Creative Cloud photography package which costs $9.99/month in the US. That package includes both Lightroom and Photoshop/Camera Raw. Lightroom CC is currently at 2015.10 and Camera Raw is currently at version 9.10. There are no updates for Lightroom 5.7 or for Photoshop CS6 that will provide support for the raw files for your camera. A free alternative would be for you to use the latest DNG converter to convert your raw files to the DNG format.

You can also purchase an upgrade license for Lightroom 6 for $79.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I find the DNG is cumbersome as I shoot 1000 - 2000 images per day (Motorsports & Other Sports)

So I would be able to open the images in lightroom 6 plus the plugin 6.5.

But if I buy Photoshop/Camera Raw. Lightroom CC is currently at 2015.10  I still will not be able to open the images in Photoshop CC.

This is a conundrum. How long before Camera Raw 9.5 will be included in the CC package? Adobe site has the Photoshop Camera Raw 9.5 downloadable. Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dickc43979184  wrote

But if I buy Photoshop/Camera Raw. Lightroom CC is currently at 2015.10  I still will not be able to open the images in Photoshop CC.

Not sure I follow.

If you subscribe to Photoshop CC you can update the Camera Raw 9.10 (current). Th you can open your Raw files in Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have current CC versions of both Photoshop, Lightroom and ACR 9.10.1, I am able to open the Canon 1DX Mark II files in Photoshop, but I am unable to in Lightroom.  This is VERY frustrating, can someone please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info.

The first line should read

"Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]"

If yours does not show that then it needs updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One computer it worked, but the other one it's not doing the trick.  The OS on that computer is Sierra 10.12.5

This is what the system info says in Lightroom on that computer-Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 4.55.12 PM.png

It's strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly as I suspected. CC 2015.0, not up to date.

Try deleting

<Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

adobe application manager fails to update

Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC and Camera Raw ARE part of the Creative Cloud package. In fact the Creative Cloud photography plan ($9.99/month in the US) includes Photoshop CC /Bridge and Lightroom CC. You cannot purchase Photoshop CC as a standalone program. It is only available as a subscription program. If you have it already then you should have access to Lightroom CC as well, and they would both be completely compatible with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying the Photography CC package.

Both Lightroom CC & Photoshop CC in the package open my Canon 1DX MKII RAW images recorded on a CFast 2.0 card Extreme Pro.

Now I have to learn how to install my sets of plugins to the new Creative Cloud Photography package.

Using the trial version has answered my questions.Have to start relearning the programs.

Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines