• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 6d mark II RAW file will not open with CS5

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just bought 6d mark ii and i updated camera raw to 9 12 and i still getting message that my camera is not supported.

i did updates and i restart cpu, still nothing...

how can i fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

CS5 can no longer be updated. Try converting to DNG.

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of CR2 images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your software.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 can no longer be updated. Try converting to DNG.

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of CR2 images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your software.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that sucks...

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what´s about photoshop CC 2017. I can work with cr2-files of EOS 6D Mark 2, but in the window "open" I always has the symbols of PS but now thumbs of the pictures I made like cr2-files from the older camera. It´s very angrily for selection.

Windows 7 (all updates) CC included Camera Raw 9.12. The same prblem under win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same problem, so i downloaded the DNG converter as you suggested. i plug my card reader in but the converter won't recognize the RAW files on the card. when attempting to convert, the converter states "the source folder does not contain any supported camera RAW files".

ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used my link above, the DNG Converter v9.12 will support the 6D mk II. Do you definitely have CR2 files on the card? Are you connecting the camera or a card reader? Full raw, mRaw or sRaw files? Windows or Mac? You are selecting the DCIM folder as the source and a new folder as the destination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for taking the time to respond. i figured it out after a couple hours of messing around with it. i was trying to extract and convert the files directly from the card reader and was not allowing me to do that. i finally figured out how to get the image files from the card reader to my desktop without importing via lightroom, and then was able to use the dng converter. will lightroom 5 eventually be able to directly import the files from the card like it did for my previous 6D instead of having to go through this process for the life of the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take note that the DNG converter works at the folder level. You choose the folder containing the raw files, but don't open the folder. If you open the folder you will get the message that there are no files to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your response. it wasn't allowing me to extract the folders directly from the card reader plugged, so i had to import them in a way other than using lightroom and then was able to convert them. took me awhile to figure out but that's how learning goes. a bit of a pain in the butt but there are worse things in the world. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines