• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

canon 70d lens correction my camera is not in list

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I not see Canon 70d in list of camera models because I am using Win7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? (Photoshop/ACR, Photoshop Elements/ACR, or Lightroom)

And, what version?

The Canon 70D is supported in Lightroom 5.2 or later, and in ACR version 8.2 or later. ACR 8.2 would have shipped as an update to Photoshop CC or Photoshop Elements 12.

You can refer to these charts for addition details regarding camera models and versions:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Adobe CC. I'm not sure of version. I did'nt see the camera in Lightroom Classic either. I couldn't download newer lightroom because not compatible with Windows 7 pro. my OS is win 7 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens correction profiles are file format-specific. Most profiles are created for raw files only. Are you working with JPEG or raw images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Raw. i see many Canon models and the correct lens is found but the closest model to mine that is found is the 50D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profiles are not camera specific, only camera-manufacturer specific: Nikon, Canon, etc.

Adobe only makes a lens profile when the lens is introduced on whatever camera is available to them at the time but the profile is applicable to all cameras because the lens profile data is in absolute distance units, e.g. inches or millimeters, so the pixel density of the particular camera sensor doesn't matter.

The only thing that does matter is if the camera the lens was produced on is a crop-frame camera then the lens profile only works for other crop-frame cameras, otherwise the lens profile is ok for any camera from the particular manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason that I questioned why 70D was not there was because I have a friend who has Adobe PS and he edited some raw files for me and PS brought up the camera as well as the lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's different between your and his editing sessions?

1)  Are you both using the same version of PS software and ACR plug-in? 

2)  Were they both RAW files in PS or was one an already-rendered image or one was using the CR Filter in PS rather than the plug-in?

3)  Did he download a user-supplied lens profile and it might have been created on another camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I see there could be more variables. We were both editing identical raw file, not sure about version nor do I know what ACR plugin is and I'm not sure about PS and CR. I do know that when I try to lens correct on my machine with PS CC 2018 and now I am running Win 10 as OS, th

ere are about 10 different camera models displayed in drop down but D70 is not one of them. I will have to ask him those questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful to be specific about what you're doing and where you're seeing what you're seeing.

There is no Camera Model (like 70D or 50D) in the lens-corrections area of Lightroom, the Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) plug-in or the Camera Raw filter in PS.

That leaves the Lens Corrections filter in Photoshop which only works on a Photoshop document which cannot be a raw image and you kind of have to keep track of what corrections have already been done to an image prior to opening as a document in PS otherwise you might double-correct the geometry or vignetting or chromatic aberration  if it was done once in the plug-in or LR and then again in the Lens Corrections filter in PS.

So back to your issue, when I open an image in PS / Lens Corrections it selects the correct profile for me, automatically, and in this example a full-frame 100-400mm lens was used on a crop-frame 80D and the profile that was automatically selected was the 100-400 lens on a 5D Mark II which is fine because the only important thing is the lens and the camera make, not the particular camera used to create the profile.  And you are correct no lens profiles were created on a 70D so it is not in the list, but some were on a 50D so it is in the list, but again this doesn't matter.  What matters is the Camera Make (manufacturer) and the correct lens selected.

If you want to provide a screenshot of your friend's camera list showing the 70D in it, maybe some explanation can be produced.

In your situation just choose Canon and the right lens if it isn't chosen automatically.

One question remains from a previous reply:  where in Lightroom does it show any camera model (like a 50D or 70D)?  In my LR it just shows camera make - manufacturer and the lens model, no camera model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Raw images directly from card reader. I am working in PS Creative Cloud 2018, filter/ lens correction section. As you showed with your screenshot, I have similar to what you are showing me. Mine shows the Canon D50 with no option for D70 in the drop-down menu but does show the correct lens. So I guess what you are saying is that it doesn't matter what Camera is displayed, its only the lens that matters? I think I'm expecting to much from the auto correct features. I probably have to go into custom/ transform/ vertical perspective to make the corrections that I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not make a profile for every lens ever made on every camera body ever made--that would be 1000s of profiles and all with the same lens being identical.  Many times they just borrow a lens temporarily and make the profile on whatever the best camera they have at the time.

If you are shooting RAW and opening them into PS, why are you using the Lens Corrections filter at all?  If you have Lens Profile Corrections enabled in the Camera Raw plug-in on the way into PS, and normally you should, then the things the Lens Corrections filter fix are already fixed, and you don't need to do the lens corrections AGAIN in the PS Lens Corrections filter.  If you're not correcting things based on the profile in the Camera Raw plug-in, then why not?

The Lens Corrections filter is usually for when you're shooting JPG and the camera, itself, doesn't do the corrections, or you have old photos from before there was a lens profile was available.

What is your workflow or what corrections are you performing in the Lens Corrections filter that shouldn't have already been done in the Camera Raw plug-in on the way into PS?

Here is where the lens corrections are enabled in the Camera Raw plug-in:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice. I spoke with PS tech support and they showed me where my camera model actually was in the PS program . They told me that I was expecting too much from PS and what it can correct automatically. I was trying to correct the distortion that happens with wide angle lens 10-18. I'm taking Real Estate photos of interior and just wanted to be able to have better photos for my listings. I think I might hire pro photographer to take my shots. My only hesitation is that It's difficult to schedule them to do the job quickly enough because when I take a new listing, the seller wants it listed immediately. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines