• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon G9 X Mark II DNG Profile Editor Issue

LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried correcting the Adobe Standard camera profile for the Canon G9 X Mark II camera. When the Saturation slider in the Color Matrices panel is set to anything other than 0 the image becomes overly saturated. Even setting the Saturation slider to -1 becomes overly saturated, which is of course opposite of what is expected.

The Canon G9 X Mark II DNG file was created using Lightroom CC 2015.12, which supports this camera model. I'm using the latest DNG Profile Editor v1.0.0.46 available here:

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

A Canon G9 X Mark II CR2 raw test image file can be downloaded here: Digital Cameras, Canon G9X II Digital Camera Test Image

Any and all assistance is appreciated!

All Saturation Sliders at 0

Canon G9 X Mark II Issue With DNG Profile Editor-2.jpg

Red Saturation Set to -1

Canon G9 X Mark II Issue With DNG Profile Editor.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further investigation it appears the camera profiles for all new cameras released after September 2014 to date are incompatible with the Adobe DNG Profile Editor. I'm going to change the title here to reflect this and have posted a Problem Report in the Photoshop Family forum:

Adobe DNG Profile Editor Issue - Incompatible With All Profiles Created After Q3 2014 | Photoshop Fa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Is there an "expert" mode way of using DNG Profile Editor? A hidden preference anywhere? When generating Color Tables, seems we never see the "After" RGB/HSB values anywhere in the interface? What a bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After further investigation it appears the camera profiles for all new cameras released after September 2014 to date are incompatible with the Adobe DNG Profile Editor.

ALL profiles?  I had zero issues editing a profile for the newer Canon R5 I created a week ago

I've got a Sony RX-10M4, No issues as you describe from the Adobe supplied profile either. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines