• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant see thumbnails when opening Raw files fro Canon 5D Mk 4

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed my Canon 5d Mk 3 for a Canon 5d Mk4..

With the Mk3 I could open all images on the CF card in Photoshop and see them all together as thumbnail images.

With the Mk4, when I open in exactly the same way I see only CR2 ICONS and not thumbnails. This means that I have to open each icon individually to see the image which is time consuming and frustrating.

I have spoken with Canon and Adobe buy have had no success in getting a solution. Canon quite clearly state that it is not their problem, their cameras and associated software are fully operational., which I tend to think is correct. However ADOBE are basically claiming it is not their problem either and do not offer any advice. I am very disappointed with the Adobe lack of interest and support.

Can anyone help me to resolve this please ??

I shall be very grateful for any advice !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Hi Ronninem,

You may wish to consider using Bridge to help you access your images. You are not the first to limit yourself to your Operating System for finding images but you might find that Bridge's capabilities are vastly greater than your OS.

You can download it from here for free:

Digital asset management software | Download free Adobe Bridge CC trial

To help you, you may wish to review these blogs I wrote for Adobe, They are a bit old but most of the basics are still valid.

Here's a link to Part

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could start by telling us what operating system and version of photoshop your using?

Your using the Photo Downloader from Bridge to view the images on the CF card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff Arola.....I am using Windows10 and I am using Photoshop CC....I pay a monthly subscription so Photoshop is the latest version. I also loaded the software that came with the camera , so I'm confident that evrything is the current versions.

The download process I follow is......I use a card reader to load the images, and use Photoshop to open them as thumbanails....I don't use Bridge. This is exactly the process that I used for my Mk3 Camera and never had any problems....when the images were transferred from the card reader they were all visible in one file as thumbnails, which whrn I clicked on a selected photo it opened in Photoshop as a Raw File. You may have guessed that I am a photographer, and not an IT Guru ......but I'm finding this issue to be extremely frustrating.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Microsoft still has not updated the codec for Windows 10 to include 5D4 Raw files (.CR2). You can verify this by opening the folder in Explorer and checking whether you can see thumbnails there. My 80D which was released about 6 months before the 5D4 is supported by the codec, but I remember seeing complaints less than a year ago that the 5D4 is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ronninem,

You may wish to consider using Bridge to help you access your images. You are not the first to limit yourself to your Operating System for finding images but you might find that Bridge's capabilities are vastly greater than your OS.

You can download it from here for free:

Digital asset management software | Download free Adobe Bridge CC trial

To help you, you may wish to review these blogs I wrote for Adobe, They are a bit old but most of the basics are still valid.

Here's a link to Part I. There are links within that will lead you to the other two in the series.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/creativepipeline/blog/2016/11/11/bridge-part-1-making-bridge-work...

At a minimum, it will help you while you wait for Microsoft to update their codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines