Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to the undo button

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just recently updated to ACR 2018. In my previous version, I was able to command z (undo) back and forth on one setting. For example, I could keep flipping back and forth between +5 and +15 contrast. Now, since the update, if I hit undo, it'll now go to the previous adjustment panel. So for example if I changed my contrast from +5 to +15, and hit undo, it would then take me back to +5, BUT then if I hit undo again, NOW it'll take me to Exposure, instead of flipping back to +15.

When I initially opened it I noticed it mentioned something about this change but I didn't bother to read it and now I'm regretting it. For me, being able to flip back and forth between two amounts is crucial and I need a way to go back to that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Hi Chrisa,

I guess you can do the revers of what I've done for years:

First, go to the Edit menu and scroll to the bottom where it says: Keyboard Shortcuts

Photoshop CCSc-001.png

Then, from the new window, go to the Edit menu dropdown and put the key command you want into the Undo and the Toggle Last State. Then you'll be back to "normal."

FWIW, I'm delighted with this change but your experience proves that you can't please everyone. Fortunately via the Keyboard Shortcuts option, at least those who wish to do so can selec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version added in multiple layers of undo, so you keep going back with every click of Cmd+z (Cntrl+z). In order to get what you want to happen now, you hit the Cmd+z to undo, and Shift+Cmd+z to redo. It's adding that extra key in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go back to the old undo shortcuts by going to the Camera Raw preferences and checking Use Legacy Undo Shortcuts

leg.png

list of changes in photoshop cc 2019

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chrisa,

I guess you can do the revers of what I've done for years:

First, go to the Edit menu and scroll to the bottom where it says: Keyboard Shortcuts

Photoshop CCSc-001.png

Then, from the new window, go to the Edit menu dropdown and put the key command you want into the Undo and the Toggle Last State. Then you'll be back to "normal."

FWIW, I'm delighted with this change but your experience proves that you can't please everyone. Fortunately via the Keyboard Shortcuts option, at least those who wish to do so can select which option is more important to them.

Please let us know if this helps you or not.

2018-12-21_12-52-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines