Color Problems with CS4 Upgrade

I recently upgraded to CS4 and have been experiencing the following problem. When I open an image from ACR to PS CS4 it looks absolutely nothing like it did in ACR. If I was to describe it, it would be that the image has an overall red tint when viewed in CS4. If I then save this image as a PSD file, and then open it in PS CS3 it matches the CS4 ACR image. So, what have I got set wrong in PS CS4 (which is still all of the default settings)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Color Problems with CS4 Upgrade

Hi-
I am having the same issue. Open image from ACR 5.2 and it is much darker than RAW- on the SAME color calibrated monitor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Thanks for helping with this TK!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I did save a TIFF directly out of camera raw and opened in in CS3 and CS4- they were still significantly different. So, I started pushing buttons in CS4 . Now, if I go to Edit>Assign profile and change it from Working RGB: Adobe RGB(1998) to Profile:Color match RGB the image is very very close to the CS3 image. The same settings in CS3 is Working RGB: Adobe RGB(1998). Does this give anyone any clue to what is going on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I think you have not answered Thomas' question yet. Do you have "Preserve embedded profiles" specified in the policies section of the Color Settings in both CS3 and CS4?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Sounds like you have the ACR output options in CS4 set to something other than your working space and you're NOT embedding the profile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines