Color Problems with CS4 Upgrade

I recently upgraded to CS4 and have been experiencing the following problem. When I open an image from ACR to PS CS4 it looks absolutely nothing like it did in ACR. If I was to describe it, it would be that the image has an overall red tint when viewed in CS4. If I then save this image as a PSD file, and then open it in PS CS3 it matches the CS4 ACR image. So, what have I got set wrong in PS CS4 (which is still all of the default settings)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Color Problems with CS4 Upgrade

Both ACR and PS are set to Adobe RGB (1998). In PS4 in the Color Settings, Preserve embedded profiles are selected and have been. Like I have said this has never been an Issue with CS3. I also noticed this with the first image I worked with when all of the PS settings were in the default mode. So, does anyone know what actually happens in PS when Assign profile is changed to Color Match RGB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Jack B, you mentioned you were having a similar issue - have you made any progress?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

>So, does anyone know what actually happens in PS when Assign profile is changed to Color Match RGB

Yeah, you're wrecking the colors of the image by imposing an erroneous definition in the interpretation of the tonal values.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Very helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

After setting the ACR values and opening the image in Photoshop, the
Photoshop version is noticeably darker and slightly more contrasty
than the way it appeared in ACR. Both are set to Adobe RGB 1998
colorspace. In order to make the ACR version look the same as the
version that opened in Photoshop, I had to change the Point curve in
ACR so that the quarter tone setting was roughly 70, 49 and the
midpoint was also lowered accordingly. The three quarter point was
left at it's original value. Of course if the image is reopened using
these settings, then the PS version again looks still darker and more
contrasty. I have a screen shot of the point curve I used to match up
the appearances.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines