Color Problems with CS4 Upgrade

Dec 19, 2008

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to CS4 and have been experiencing the following problem. When I open an image from ACR to PS CS4 it looks absolutely nothing like it did in ACR. If I was to describe it, it would be that the image has an overall red tint when viewed in CS4. If I then save this image as a PSD file, and then open it in PS CS3 it matches the CS4 ACR image. So, what have I got set wrong in PS CS4 (which is still all of the default settings)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2008

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem after upgrading from CS3.

Images in Bridge look fine, but they drastically change when you open them in CS4.

CS4 images are darker, have more contrast, and have a definite red cast to them.

From the camera I import into LR 2.2 and convert to DNG, make my adjustments, then open in CS4 and save as PSD. CS4 converts the final images to jpeg level 10 for submission to the lab (WHCC).

The last two sets of images from the lab went right into the trash. All were too dark, contrasty, and have bad red cast, even though I ended up making the image look okay on the monitor.

I'm using softproofing with WHCC's ICC profile.

I'm using Vista, single monitor, and Canon 5D.

I have never experienced this type of color mis-match problem before.

I'm going to re-process the images in CS3 and resubmit to WHCC and see if that corrects the problem.

The prints are even darker, more contrasty, and redder than what is on the screen.

There is something going on in CS4.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I count on these images to come back the way they look on the monitor.

I calibrate the monitor weekly, and use Adobe RGB 1998 as my color space.

All settings are the same between CS3 and CS4. They just look and print differently in CS4.

Phil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2008

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Correcting an obvious typo in post #29:

The Preview panel is on the right, occupying the entire area of the primary monitor.

should read: The Preview panel is on the left , occupying the entire area of the primary monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2008

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I've sent in a case to Adobe. Should hear from them soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2008

Copy to clipboard

Copied

> Should hear from them soon.

:D

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2008

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to all who have responded. Right now I'm taking the easy way out - editing in ACR CS4, saving the file, opening and printing from CS3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines