• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating B&W profile - issue with HSL not editable

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am creating some black and white profiles in ACR and I have this issue. This is my workflow:

- I choose "Adobe Monochrome"

- I do some edits in Basic and in HSL

- then I save these edits into a new profile

Then, when I use such profile, HSL panel is inactive (greyd out), it can not be used. So then I can not tweak HSL more.

I tried to bypass this issue by this workflow:

- creating LUT table in PS (B&W layer where I can edit HSL)

- and then loading such LUT table to the new profile in ACR.

But the LUT settings does have zero effect to the new profile. It seems that "Adobe Monochrome" profile does not let the LUT table to work. The conversion is simply the same as if I did not load LUT table when creating new profile.

I thought this might be a feature, not a bug. But then I noticed Adobe profiles numbered 1 - 12 which (seems to me) incorporate HSL settings and still HSL panel is active and usable.

I know this is not a standard question but I hope that someone might help. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue trying to create a purely B&W profile. It seems that this isn't possible at all in ACR, yet Adobe managed to create one for themselves (monochrome) so there must be a workaround. Perhaps it's a bug after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At least with the DNG profile editor, I too was unable to create a true Monochrome B&W profile so the idea that Adobe managed to create one themselves seems solid. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm similarily trying to figure out a seperate issue with profiles, and I just came across some interesting stuff. If you open a profile (.xmp) you've created in text editor, there's some readable metadata at the top of the file. 

For Example:

crs:SupportsColor="True"

crs:SupportsMonochrome="False"

I'm hoping there are some additional settings hidden somewhere that allows us to change some of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines