Highlighted

Crop tool Camera RAW 12.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crop tool..... 

1. Is it possible to use the "classic" way to crop.... I prefer to draw the crop rather than have to adjust the image to fit the crop. 

2. Is there a way to set the crop to one setting.... it reverts back to the default for every photo.

There is a lock icon but seems to do nothing.

Will have to revert to previous edition if answer is no.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crop tool Camera RAW 12.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crop tool..... 

1. Is it possible to use the "classic" way to crop.... I prefer to draw the crop rather than have to adjust the image to fit the crop. 

2. Is there a way to set the crop to one setting.... it reverts back to the default for every photo.

There is a lock icon but seems to do nothing.

Will have to revert to previous edition if answer is no.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this new camera raw is bad as hell!!! Having huge problems too! Damn, hate it. And the support is soo bad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Can I just revert to Camera Raw 12.2....?

Do I need to downgrade Bridge as well for it work?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not get the new version of Bridge to work with CR 12.2.1 so I just downgrade too and strangely enough everything works faster including PS which is the latest edition

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right ... we also need the classic mode in our company ... this "modern" way is aweful and cost us much time. I can't understand how adobe can do this change without option as in PS to go back to classic.

Also the "new" design is really bad, but i can life with it ... but never with this crop tool. Maybe it's time to look for another software and cancel adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop for going on 25 years. I've never seriously considered changing until now. I see a lot of my fellow sports photographers using a certain "mechanical" software... As long as I have to learn a new software package, why not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word is that I have seen is that there is a fix in the works. I don't know what it is because I have no connection with Adobe. But your voice has been heard. As usual, there is no hint as to when this fix will be available. In the meantime, if you want to go back to the previous version of Camera Raw, here is a link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the classic mode I take twice as long to develop my works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a partial solution. When you activate the cutter and in any case select with the mouse the portion of the photo you are interested in, the almost classic mode is activated ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better solution roll back Bridge and install CR12.2.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution ... we all paying money for a working, uptodate software. This "bug" has to be removed from adobe asap. I can't understand how they could get this version out ... i can't finde any good feature in this version / new design.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 times slower. no custom size,and you cant move to the next photo with arrow keys 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines