• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 Photoshop with DNG from new Cameras (EOS6 work, Powershot G1X M2 not)

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop CS3 and the DNG Converter. All with the lates updates.

The DNG, who are made from the EOS6 cr2 files, are woking fine on PS CS3, but the DNG who made from the Canon G1X cr2 are very distortet. special the witerange pictures.

On win10, CC PS, and Canon Software the Pics are good.

The lates Camera Raw in CS3 PS is 4.6.

For the EOS 6 is 7.3 needed, for the G1X M2 the Version 8.5 is needed.

But I thing the DNG converter change different RAW files to a universel DNG Files.

Is it normal that it not work, or have I make any mistake?

Could it be true that I have to buy a new Photoshop Version only to read the Files from the new Camera?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Camera Raw forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Try the newest 9.10.1 dng converter and also set the compatibility to Camera Raw 4.6 and Later and see if the dngs are any better.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be necessary for you to download a later version of the DNG converter to have support for the camera. The latest DNG converter version is 10.1.1. Each new version will support additional cameras. But you will need to ensure that you configure the conversion to support the version of Camera Raw that you are able to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The conversion from the DNG Converter work (i think so). But the old Photoshop can not read the data correct.

The real Problem is that the old Photoshop CS3 can not make a correction of the picture geometrie.

The Canon G1X need a very big correction, special in the wide angel Photos (I think so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you careful to set the compatibility level of the DNG converter to a version of Camera Raw that is compatible with Photoshop CS3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I have set it so 4.6 ant for test to 4.1. In Photoshop sc3 I use 4.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines