• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default settings erased, how to set new ones?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had ACR set to open images in specific default settings that I'd set, which would also preview in Bridge. These seem to be gone, along with the option to create new default settings.

Is the option gone altogether? Is it in another menu that I haven't found? This is a real problem for me if the option is no longer available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, for anyone else having this problem, it's still possible to set defaults, it's just become more of a pain to do for some reason. 

Save the settings you want to use for defaults as an xmp file. Go into photoshop and go to camera raw preferences. There's a menu to set default settings, use that to select the xmp you created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's “more of a pain” because some photographers thought the old way was too simplistic for their needs. The new way lets you assign different defaults  for different cameras, among other things. The full explanation is here:

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-create-custom-raw-defaults-in-adobe-camera-raw-v12-2.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines