• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG 10.4 Canon 80D Pink Tint

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The result of converting a .cr2 from a Canon 80D results in a .dng image that has a very pink/purple tint when viewed with the Mac Finder. Do not have the same problem if viewed with Bridge 2018 or if the image is converted to a .tif with DPP. I am using the current version of MAC and DNG software. Evidently the embedded .jpg created by DNG causes a problem with the Finder display. Any fixes other than not using DNG?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that camera. However, I downloaded a sample raw image taken with that model and converted it to DNG using DNG converter 10.4. I don't see the issue that you are describing. Using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-08-15_14-26-17.gif

Looks kinda pink on the Mac.

When I look at it on the Virtual Machine Windows 10 on my Mac it looks correct. Evidently DNG is messing up the embedded jpg for viewing in Finder. I'll probably use DPP to generate tif files instead. They work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Adobe knows about this.  Unsure if/when they are fixing it.  It may be a Mac problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines