DNG Codec - Vista x64 (64 bit)

Creating a thread for 64 bit Vista users to post to regarding support for the DNG codec on Vista x64.

Currently x64 is not a supported platform for the RC version of the codec. Hopefully this is something that will be corrected when it ships. Adobe seems to support 64 bit, in for example LR 2.0 beta, so I imagine this will happen as well for the codec, but just to be sure 64 bit Vista users should comment on this thread.

Damon

Topics

DNG
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

DNG Codec - Vista x64 (64 bit)

Creating a thread for 64 bit Vista users to post to regarding support for the DNG codec on Vista x64.

Currently x64 is not a supported platform for the RC version of the codec. Hopefully this is something that will be corrected when it ships. Adobe seems to support 64 bit, in for example LR 2.0 beta, so I imagine this will happen as well for the codec, but just to be sure 64 bit Vista users should comment on this thread.

Damon

Topics

DNG
View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
36 Replies

Re: DNG Codec - Vista x64 (64 bit)

I've asked in other forums where the RC info was posted so I'll ask here, too:

Are there any plans for a Vista 64 DNG codec from Adobe to make an appearance anytime soon?
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

According to the download page - "The DNG Codec will move from a release candidate to a shipping version once sufficient feedback is received."

Consider the feedback left for a 64bit version. Get with the program!
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

A 32 bit vista anything is an Oxymoron. Get with the 64bit program. Sooner rather than later. Anyone serious about photography is allready using 64bits.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

As applications become more memory hungry (read Photoshop) having an excess of 2GB of RAM is an imperative - 64bit is the only way to go here. I echo the sentiments from above and I know you guys are working on it so lets see it!
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

AArgh! I've been waiting (im)patiently for a DNG codec, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that one had become available. Alas! it's only the 32-bit version and won't work on my x64 Vista. Bummer.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

And, that surprises you? Interesting.
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines