• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Conversion in Photo Downloader

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import  images from my camera card through the Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader it always failss to convert my CR2 file to DNG. If I then try it again right away it works. Today I tried a trick on it and it worked. I downloaded one file of the bunch I had to do and it failed to convert. I then removed and reinserted my camera card and selected all the images and it worked/ It does this every time. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't going to help you much. I primarily use Lightroom Classic, and am relatively unfamiliar with Bridge features. After reading your comments I tried the feature you described for the first time. I converted some NEF files on a SD card And the DNG converter in Bridge functioned the first time, as inspected, with no surprises or problems. Latest version on Windows 10 Home Premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy Jim. I have always unplugged my camera card and inserted it into the card slot in my computer. I then go to bridge and click the little camera icon on the tool bar and initialte the photo downloader. It works great it is quick and I love it. Now (and I just did it again) it downloads the CR2 files without conversion. When it finishes it always put a banner up tha it downloaded the files but failed to convert to dng. I unplug the card reinsert and start the download and it converts everything to dng. Oh well.........guess I'll just live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what to tell you. I've followed that same procedure and didn't have many problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with ARW files. Bridge often misses some files during the coversion.

My workflow now is to just import using bridge without conversion and then use Adobe DNG converter.

It would be great if it actually works in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines