• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter 12

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First post here, really in desperation as Adobe chat and a fair bit of searching hasn't produced any real answers.

Being old and frugal, I have muddled on with the last stand alone version of Lightroom, and also CS6 Photoshop. I am happy with that, except, the newer camera raw files are not supported, annoying but reality. I have used DNG Converter to turn the files into somethingnthat is recognized by LR/CS6.

I now need an updated DNG Converter, and downloaded the latest, 12.3 I think. And, in preparation I deleted the old Converter, it worked, albeit not with my latest camera raw files.

When I click on the program now, in my dock, it opens up a small barely visible icon on the screen, and "DNG Converter" is viusible in the upper tool bar. But is not what I have been used to, I don't think it has fully loaded? I have tried slightly older versions as well, V12.0 for example, same result. Screengrab shows the small icon. I also moved the DMG file closer to it, so this is also visible, but I have unpacked/installed the file.

Mac OSX V 10.14.6.

What have I done wrong?

Gary

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 19.19.18.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>What have I done wrong?

You have learned to never delete an old but working program until you are sure that the newer program will work for you

Moving to the camera raw forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the latest version of the DNG Converter 12.4 Beta:

Windows: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6971

Mac: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6969

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OLDER versions (for Mac):

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines