• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter accidentally recovering deleted files

New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using DNG Converter to change large batches of proprietary RAW files to DNG with the RAW files in folders on a Windows server (I'm accessing the server from a Mac). I'm often ending up with more DNG files in my destination folder than the number of RAW files I started with. It appears as though DNG Converter is accidentally "recovering" deleted files when running the conversion. The unexplained extra files are clearly from the same shoot, but do not appear in the original folder. Also, when watching the converter running, you can see it taking longer on one or two files long after it converted the others around it.

Anyone else run into this? I can't find anything on these forums (or elsewhere) about it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that some of your folders contain subfolders, and you have selected the option to include images in those subfolders? Also, it's possible that some images, because of their size or other factors, can take longer to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I checked that. Unless the subfolders are for some reason invisible. The recovered content, and the images on either side (going by file name) looks more like it would have been deleted rather than put aside as a selection etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines