• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter doesn't use all CPU cores: how to optimise?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600x CPU (6 cores, 12 threads) running Windows 10.

When I use the Adobe DNG Converter, CPU utilisation ranges from 14 to 32%, but never goes above 32. Is there a way to get the DNG converter to use all cores?

Converting a large number of files should lend itself well to parallelisation, because the conversion of each file is totally independent of the converison of the others, so it should be quite straightforward to divide the total files across the available cores.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG converter is a free utility that is quite straightforward in what it does. To my knowledge, there isn't any provision for tweaking it to optimize its performance. You might ask your question in this forum where the Adobe developers monitor more closely. You might get an answer. But I suspect you will find that the DNG converter is what it is and you will just have to be patient and let it do it's thing.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines