• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter Not Recognizing .CR2 Files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Canon EOS 5D Mark II and CS3, so I cannot view the CR2 files from the 5D in Bridge in their native format.  I read all the posts and upgraded to ACR 4.6, then upgraded the camera profiles to those in the ACR 5.2 package (the one that includes the 5D Mark II).

I then read that I need the DNG Converter to generate DNG files from the CR2 files, so I have installed DNG 6.3.

Problem now is that the DNG Converter will not recognize any CR2 files on my machine, neither the new 5D Mark II CR2 files of my old Rebel CR2 files.  When I navigate to a folder containing CR2 files with DNG it says "No images have been selected" in the "Select images to convert" section of the GUI.

I have no idea what to do, I need to get the DNG Converter working to view the files from my new camera in Bridge.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The G2 I bought had the Lightroom offer. I have claimed it but it has not arrived yet, there is still a couple of weeks to run before the delivery deadline. I should be OK when it does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the G2 has the same problems of the G3, it uses an older RAW version, so Lightroom 3.2 or the 3.4 update should work fine.

I got my 5 year warranty certificate after 2 months but had to chase up the software, sent an email to:

lumixcameras@eu.panasonic.com

It then arrived within a few days, amazing that innit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution to the problem?  I'm using version 8.3 on Windows 7 and can't get it to recognize CR2 or NEF files.

Ceeman's suggestion above (#7) works, but doesn't explain why the files are not recognized when you choose a folder within DNG converter.

This problem seems to have been around for years.  Anybody figured it out?   Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been around for years because it is user error, where most people aren't used to selecting a folder the way the DNG Convert expects. 

The DNG Converter works on an entire folder of photos at a time, not a selected set of DNG files from a folder like almost all other programs do.

Therefore you should select (single-click) the folder name but not go into (double-click) the folder as you're browsing to the folder.  With the folder name selected but not opened, your raw files will be found.

Basically the DNG Converter doesn't look for files in the current folder, it looks for files in the selected folder beneath the current folder, where current folder means the folder you've double-clicked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ssprengel, that did the trick!

Odd that DNG converter requires you to select folders this way, rather than that standard method used by almost all other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With almost all others programs you’re selecting a file in a folder, not a folder.

It’s a very common issue when first using the DNG Converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only want to convert certain files you can drag/drop them onto the icon for the DNG converter when it is closed. It will then open and let you just convert those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! DNG converter tells me it can't find any files (and I  have 100's of CR2's sitting there. Seems to me that Adobe is too lazy to fix the problem - I mean, who has time to hunt down all these forums and find a clunky work-around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the camera is newer than the DNG Converter, or you need to select the folder of CR2s by single-clicking on it, rather than open the folder by double-clicking on it. Neither of those is a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frankgriffin wrote:

I have the same problem! DNG converter tells me it can't find any files (and I  have 100's of CR2's sitting there. Seems to me that Adobe is too lazy to fix the problem - I mean, who has time to hunt down all these forums and find a clunky work-around?

There is actually nothing for Adobe to fix. Read the prompt! It's asking for the FOLDER. Choose the folder, but don't open the folder. Then the DNG converter will convert the files that are in the folder. Again, read the prompt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could say your solution worked - but it didn't! I have a Canon T2i, the very latest version of the Adobe "converter" (8.4) - and it refuses to recognize/find any Canon RAW (i.e. CR2) files. My desktop is 2 years old with lot of horsepower, Win 7, plain vanilla etc.

Step 1: Folder Selected ("Bonaire 2006")

folder selected.jpg

2. When I press "Convert", I get:

No CR2 files recognized.jpg

Another view of the problem:

after getting this: (BTW "Bonaire" is stuffed with CR2 files). Same problem all folders

no items match your search - say what.jpg

I've used a thousand utility programs for any number of purposes - something is amiss here - prompts or not!

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the web version of the forum and include screenshots in your message using the little camera icon above of where you type in text.  As you might imagine, embedding or attaching files via e-mail is not allowed, to prevent viruses and malware from being spread.

2014-02-19_151009.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same message "The source folder does not contain any supported camera raw files".  I have read all the posts and tried all the recommendations but I still get the message.  My OS is Windows 8.1 and I would like to provide some screen prints of my attempts to use DNG Conversion.

As you can see from the screen prints, The error message still comes up when I press "convert". Thank you in advance for looking at this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of how things need to look in the Select Source Folder panel in the DNG Converter when single-clicking on a folder to select the folder, rather than double-clicking on the folder to open it.  In this example I am converting all the CR2 files on my SD card to DNGs--not that I'd really want to do this, but I could with this selection:

2014-04-03_161226.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see an empty message as your last reply.  If you were trying to show a screenshot, then you need to use the website forum not e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the whole folder to it and it lets me push the convert but after it puts up an error message and says there are no files The source folder does not contain and camera raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common issue because the DNG Converter is working with FOLDERS not FILES.

When you are selecting a folder, merely single-click on it to select the folder name, and don’t double-click on it to open it and see what’s inside (like almost any other program would allow you to do).

Look at the reply a few up from yours and you'll see an illustration of how the folder name is both at the top and the bottom of the selection area:

Re: DNG Converter Not Recognizing .CR2 Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using DNG converter 9.7. I was experiencing the problems described in this thread, seeing no files. Problem was solved after I selected the folder with single click. Program works but to me it is not intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution? I just got a new canon for christmas. My camera is not as awesome as the markiii but I am having the same issues with the raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask. Are you just choosing the FOLDER that contains the raw images? You need to choose the FOLDER in the DNG converter, but don't open the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the two files that are cr2 files and put them into a folder on my

desktop. I opened the converter after choosing select folder I clicked one

time on the folder and then clicked convert. Then it had an error message.

The message said,The source folder does not contain any supported camera

raw files. So I dont think that is it. Any other ideas??

Taralynn's Photography http://tara-geoffroy.artistwebsites.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you may be using the DNG Converter correctly.  The next question is what version of the DNG Converter are you using, and what model camera?  Every camera must be supported specifically and the DNG Converter needs to be newer than the camera.

The other thing would be what version of what Adobe software are you using where you cannot just open the CR2 files natively?  In other words why are you using the DNG Converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is a Canon Rebel T5 eos 1200D

Pretty sure I am running the DNGConverter_8_3

Because I tried the 87_1 and it said I needed windows 7 in order for it

to work and I have an AMD Phenom (tm) Quad - Core Processor 2.20

GHz 6.00 GB ram in a 64-bit operating system and Windows Vista

I am running CS4 for Photoshop but its actually creative suite 4 design

premium.

If I had known then what I know now I would have only purchased the CS4

and not the whole thing. It sits here and I don't even use it. For that

matter,I hardly use Photoshop itself but Camera RAW I use all the time.

It's absolutely wonderful. That is why I have to figure something out. I

dont want to have to learn a whole new program when I love Photoshop's

camera raw so much.

Taralynn's Photography http://tara-geoffroy.artistwebsites.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The T5 wasn’t supported until ACR 8.4 / DNGC 8.4 so you’re out of luck until you upgrade your Windows version.

Here is the reference of what cameras are supported by what version of software:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines