• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter Not Recognizing .CR2 Files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Canon EOS 5D Mark II and CS3, so I cannot view the CR2 files from the 5D in Bridge in their native format.  I read all the posts and upgraded to ACR 4.6, then upgraded the camera profiles to those in the ACR 5.2 package (the one that includes the 5D Mark II).

I then read that I need the DNG Converter to generate DNG files from the CR2 files, so I have installed DNG 6.3.

Problem now is that the DNG Converter will not recognize any CR2 files on my machine, neither the new 5D Mark II CR2 files of my old Rebel CR2 files.  When I navigate to a folder containing CR2 files with DNG it says "No images have been selected" in the "Select images to convert" section of the GUI.

I have no idea what to do, I need to get the DNG Converter working to view the files from my new camera in Bridge.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera model? What version of the DNG converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems before when i was using an old lightroom version and LR didnt recognized my Canon 5D Mark II CR2s files. I fixed with Adobe DNG Converter 6.6.0.2.6.1 version  ..until I got Lightroom 4.1 and no problems converting CR2 to DNGs files using LR

Last Week, I shoot a wedding and my second shooter has a Canon 6D. Lightroom 4.1 doesnt recognized CR2 files so

I Installed Adobe DNG Converter 7.3 because 6.6 version do not recognized Canon 6D

I have the same problem AGAIN !!  with no able to see my files and select ORIGEN and DESTINATION folders in Adobe DNG Converter.

After reading this forum... I did  try some suggestions ....

for any reason the software do not recognize other hard drives so I create a folder on my C: Hard Drive

c:\dng    (for my raw files)

c:\dng\dng     (for dng files)

I move all my CR2 files to c:\dng\

the software recognized my files

when i choose the second folder destination for dng files c:\dng\dng\ , this selection DO NOT WORK AT ALL

so I keep my files in the c:\dng

and leave second option as  "same folder as original" for dng files

and IT WORKS!   : )

Hope this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the issue:  When you load the images from the SD card, di you use Image capture. IO discovered that Image capture only pulls the jpg portion of the RAW+jpeg file. So the RAW data is not there!! If you download the canon Eos utility and use that to copy the photos, it will copy the whole file and then lightroom and photoshop worked. You can tell if this si the issue because the file size of the CR2 file is equal to the jpg i.e. about 3 Mb instead of 10Mb.

Sadly my camera (old 1000D) doesn't show up in finder, Lightroom wouldn't pull the whole RAW file either so i am stuck with the inflexible EOS software.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines