• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG file differences?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Samsung Chromebook Plus recently.  In the Chromebook files app I have noticed that DNG files shot with my camera show up fine, however those shot with my phone do not (the phone DNG files themselves show up, however, they don't show a thumbnail image and won't open).  The camera files had been imported into Lightroom and converted to DNG from the raw camera files (Panasonic FZ and Canon) when I had a PC. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I set the camera to pro mode and the files get saved as DNG.  I have also tried this with my wife's Galaxy Note 5 with the same results.  I thought that the DNG format was universal like JPG, PDF, etc.  I have posted this same question to the Google Chromebook Forum and have tried to research it to no avail.

Thank You for your help, Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

The DNG format is supposed to be universal as long as whatever device is creating the DNG file was designed to create the DNG specifically conforming to the standard specified by Adobe. There is no law that says that standards must be adhered to. It would seem that in this case Samsung has not followed the Adobe standard properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG format is supposed to be universal as long as whatever device is creating the DNG file was designed to create the DNG specifically conforming to the standard specified by Adobe. There is no law that says that standards must be adhered to. It would seem that in this case Samsung has not followed the Adobe standard properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines