• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited images not saving changes in RAW Converter, locking up Photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 2018CC Photoshop locks up and will not reopen after opening up a (regardless of file format) in Bridge/RAW converter. 

Open a file in RAW converter, make adjustments, crop and click DONE.  The adjustments are not saved in their XMP file and now Photoshop is locked, non-responsive.

I did find That I can open one or more in RAW converter, make adjustments and before opening or clicking DONE I SAVE AS (lower left corner od RAW converter screen) to a designated folder and to a specified file format It will save to those specs.  But not save to XMP and when complete Photoshop is frozen.  Must Ctrl/Alt/Delete and close photoshop.

I uninstalled Creative Cloud completely, even going through folders deleting any Adobe files. In both Program folders and Common Files.  There were some folders in the  PROGRAM Files/COMMON FILES/ADOBE/ which would not delete (will nor delete due to open in an application) not applications were open at the time.  There were no Adobe APPS on the computer. But I reinstalled Creative Cloud and most of the folders which would not delete were replaced with 7/17/2018 date folders.

Once Creative Cloud was up I only installed/started Photoshop and Bridge.  Did complete reinstall three times and had the same results.

Photoshop locked up and after looking for answers at Adobe I opened Task Manager and Photoshop was not listed to END, but it was on the screen and active on the tool bar below.  Reappeared and ENDED.

More: opened JPG directly in Photoshop cropped and SAVED.  Error in Photoshop says could not save due to file is locked.  File PROPERTY is nor Read Only

I at a loss as to what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?