• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance Details works in LR, not in ACR

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The enhance Details feature worked as advertised in Lightroom Classic (on my Mac) however, when utilizing it in ACR, I do not get the option to actually use the enhanced file. Both the "Save Image" and the "Open Image" buttons become greyed out.

Perhaps I am missing something? I select the little button in the Film Strip and go through the Enhance Details process. A new enhanced thumbnail is generated and I can see the image in the main viewer. I can also move back and forth between the two, but the buttons (above) gray out when I move the the Enhanced version...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

From my can't open a file from a network volume post.

This is related to some bug in Camera RAW hosted by PS. See if it works when CR is hosted by Bridge.

Just noticed another, perhaps related, bug.

Camera RAW hosted by Photoshop, open an image and "Enhance". CR creates a DNG file. You cannot open the DNG file, just the original RAW file. "Open Image" is grayed out. Select Done and navigate to the DNG file, open in CR (hosted by PS) and you can open the file.

Camera RAW hosted by Bridge, open and im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have tried it at my end, you have to click on Done, once the Enhance detail process is done. The new dng will be saved in the same location as original.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the new dng is saved when you click on Done. But then you have to exit Camera Raw, and open the new dmg enhanced file from Photoshop, which then comes up in Camera Raw, where you can finally click on Open Image and get to Photoshop to work on it. Rather circuitous, yes?

Also, here is a little known detail: yes the enhanced files are large, but if you save them as jpg (for the web, etc) and the use jpeg mini pro to reduce them further, the size becomes the same (or less) as a non enhanced file done with the same process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my can't open a file from a network volume post.

This is related to some bug in Camera RAW hosted by PS. See if it works when CR is hosted by Bridge.

Just noticed another, perhaps related, bug.

Camera RAW hosted by Photoshop, open an image and "Enhance". CR creates a DNG file. You cannot open the DNG file, just the original RAW file. "Open Image" is grayed out. Select Done and navigate to the DNG file, open in CR (hosted by PS) and you can open the file.

Camera RAW hosted by Bridge, open and image and "Enhance". CR creates a DNG file. You can open both the original RAW and the enhanced DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that is it! Thanks!

David Heintz

www.lucentpixels.com

www.copperpennycourt.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully Adobe will be fixing this and other bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the raf file but in ACR enhance detail no work CR generate the DNG but the file is the same!! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines