Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EOS R RAW Files

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

does anyone know, when Camera Raw will support the new EOS R Raw Files?

Greetings

Nadine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

We've released Camera Raw 11.0 this morning, with added support to Canon EOS R. Cameras supported by Camera Raw

To update Camera Raw CC to 11.0, click “Update” in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Camera Raw CC. More detailed instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadline,

The Canon EOS R is a fairly new camera. Our engineering team is working on the raw support. Please refer Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom for more info.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It will support the Nikon Z7 mirrorless but it won't support the Canon EOS-R yet. I have both cameras and just updated Lightroom from 6.14 to the latest Lightroom classic CC 7.5 and Camera Raw 10.5 and no dice on the EOS-R raw CR3 images. The Nikon Z7 raw files import just fine. So for now you have only two options for Lightroom 1) shoot JPG (yuck) or 2) Use Canon's software and export into DNG and import the DNG files to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DNG Converter 11.0  supports both the Z7 and the R:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.0

Adobe DNG Converter 11.0

This update contains the Adobe DNG Converter 11.0.

The Adobe DNG Converter is a free utility that enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from more than 600 cameras to the more universal DNG raw format.

Digital Negative was developed to address the lack of an open standard for the proprietary and unique raw files created by each digital camera. DNG allows photographers to archive their raw camera files in a single format for easy cataloging and access in the future. With the format specification freely available, any developer can build software that supports and takes advantage of DNG. For more information, visit the Digital Negative page.

Support for the following cameras has been added. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.

• Canon

• Canon EOS R

• Fujifilm

• Fujifilm X-T3

• Nikon

• Nikon COOLPIX P1000 (*)

• Nikon Z 7

• Panasonic

• Panasonic LUMIX DC-LX100 II

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,
          Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw beta 11.0 supports the Canon EOS-R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a download link for Adobe Camera Raw beta 11.0 (windows)

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know it isn't a public beta yet. Only some testers have it. Maybe staff here can provide a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for update, I found link for Mac but I need windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Explorer ,
          Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! I have been somewhat avoiding using the new camera for client work but gave in today for a newborn shoot. This will help me turn that job around a bit faster!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Adobe Employee ,
          Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released Camera Raw 11.0 this morning, with added support to Canon EOS R. Cameras supported by Camera Raw

To update Camera Raw CC to 11.0, click “Update” in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Camera Raw CC. More detailed instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,
          Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting this out so fast! Just found the new version of Lightroom and Photoshop as well. You have been busy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,
          Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks for releasing it this fast! So you can open the raws in Lightroom aswell, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,
          Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated camera raw and am using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 Release Camera Raw 11.0. When I import the *.CR3 files taken with my new Canon EOS R, there is a problem with the Temperature and Tint. When I took the photos I had manually set my temperature to 5,600k or 3,200k, yet all the imported photos defaults to Temperature = 7,400k and Tint = +7. The same issue exists if I convert all the *.CR3 files to *.DNG files using Adobe Digital Negative Converter Version 11.0.0.61. I am a regular Lightroom user and have no issues when I import RAW photos with my Canon 5D Mark IV.

Adobe, would appreciate a response and for the bug to be fixed.

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,
          Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I thought I’d share some test shots between 5D mark IV and Canon EOS R when importing my photos into Lightroom (Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 and Camera Raw 11.0). It appears that Lightroom applies it’s own recipe of Kelvin and Tint to match the Kelvin for a specific camera model. I’m assuming that inside Adobe Camera Raw there must be a lookup table that does this.

The filename of each test image contains the Kelvin which was set in camera and the Kelvin/Tint that Lightroom converted it to.

The question is does the temperature between these cameras “look” the same or does Camera Raw 11.0 need some refinement? I find it slightly odd why adobe would convert these differently if both cameras have exactly the same sensor.

Dropbox - Camera Test

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarrod,

This is a bug. Thank you for reporting it and providing some examples. We are tracking it internally and expect to have a fix in a future release.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response Chris. Thats a pretty responsive feedback loop considerinh you only launched Camera Raw this week. Would it be fair to assume this will be available in next periodic release (3 months) or earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be specific, but I would expect it to be resolved in a release before the end of the year.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          Community Beginner ,
          Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to report that I'm seeing the white balance bug as well.  It seems ACR / Lr skews white balance higher by 3,000 to 4,000K.  For example I shoot 7500K and it registers as 11250K when opening the RAW images. Sometimes I have to set it to 50000K in order to achieve the proper warmth I'm going for.  I've never had to do this with any other Canon camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,
          Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a preview when you import raw from the eos r?

Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have update to camera raw 11.0 in Lightroom cc with eos r but when I download the photo from the camera I have no preview.

Any tips?

tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to update Lightroom with the camera raw plug-in. What version of Lightroom are you running? You need to be running Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 in order to have support for that camera. Have you installed that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is cc 8.0 this problem is only when I import  from the camera if I do from pc I got preview as aspected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines
          New Here ,
          May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My personal information fineness rewards year 2019 please my help you representatives US year 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
          community guidelines