• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experts say: calibrate your monitor!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I calibrate my monitor interface in Ps and Lr  change color! Bridge is fine dark gray as always!  Ps in dark blue now . In Lr develop gives me true color , when I go to edit to Ps it has blue tint ! 😞 If I do not calibrate , no problem!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

I suspect that there is something wrong with the calibrator.

See if you can borrow a different calibrator, (it doesn't have to be a Spyder) and try calibrating with that.

According to the specs for your monitor, it displays 100% sRGB, so for now I suggest that you set the monitor profile to sRGB, which shouldn't be too far off.

Go to Control Panel > Color Management, and set the sRGB profile as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom and Photoshop display differently, it's usually caused by a defective or incompatible monitor profile.

What is your operating system?

And how exactly do you calibrate?

If you use a hardware calibrator (which you should), make sure to create a matrix based, version 2 profile.

Table based and/or version 4 profiles can create problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have window 7 and Asus PA238Q  "For photographers" LCD Monitor and Spyder4Express  . Without calibrating, colors are fine everywhere! I am trying to do right things and gives me trouble! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with the Spyder 4 Express, but it seems to have a limited number of options, and I don't think you can choose profile version and matrix/table based.

So it is possible that the calibrator is faulty, and is producing defective profiles, especially since this has happened several times.

Are you sure that you are running the latest version of the calibration software?

In Lr develop gives me true color

What do the colors look like in Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of the Spyder4 Express software is 4.5.9, and can be downloaded here:

Spyder4Express 4.5.9 Windows - Powered by Kayako http://support.datacolor.com/index.php? Help Desk S...

Apparently there was a bug causing color casts on some systems in the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again. I calibrated with new update and now Br Ps and Lr is purple .  Yesterday Br was perfectly gray, feel like crying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that there is something wrong with the calibrator.

See if you can borrow a different calibrator, (it doesn't have to be a Spyder) and try calibrating with that.

According to the specs for your monitor, it displays 100% sRGB, so for now I suggest that you set the monitor profile to sRGB, which shouldn't be too far off.

Go to Control Panel > Color Management, and set the sRGB profile as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help ,it was sRGB set up of the monitor...my computer system is all Gray, no more purple or blue!  Hurrah !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using sRGB as a monitor profile is really only a temporary solution.

Depending on your requirements, It may be good enough, but you won't know until you have run calibration with a working calibrator.

Your Spyder seems to be broken, so try to get your hands on a different calibrator, or buy a new one.

Calibrators from X-Rite have a good reputation (ColorMunki and i1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again , I will try for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is obviously a broken Spyder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines