Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix Discovered For Capture One Adobe DNG Import for Fujifilm X-T3 RAF Files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I had a number of problems with DNG files converted from Adobe DNG Converter 11.0 on Mac. When bringing them into Capture One, they color shifted very badly.

Close+up+view+of+color+shift+capture+one+adobe.jpeg

I wrote an article detailing this, as well as a fix here: https://timelyphoto.com/blog/2018/bug-and-fix-discovered-for-capture-one-and-adobe-dng-import

Hope this helps!

-- Chris Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting this. I took a look at some DNGs produced by the 11.0 DNG Converter from X-T3 RAFs. I am unable to reproduce the purple cast in internal builds of Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom with either converted DNGs or RAF images. I did a quick test with Capture One 11 and I do see the issue with the DNGs you mentioned and with some RAFs shot in burst/sports mode, so as far as I can tell, this is not a bug in Adobe software.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I'm wondering why choosing 'Linear (demosaiced)' seems to solve the C1 problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possibly due to an issue reading the black level tag in the files prior to the demosaic step, where in a linear DNG, this is already "baked in" to the pixel data.

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines