• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From time to time my ACR menu symbols and sliders appear in bright orange/red colours. why? (Mac OS Mojave, Mac Pro late 2013, two (old) Eizo screens)

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screen shows an image in ACR with menu symbols and sliders in an orange/red colour.   The second screen shows my Photoshop panels which appear ok; sometimes these symbols also show fancy colours.  Of course there may be no correlation, but I also have a problem in Photoshop with 'Save As / JPEG':  the saved JPEG file appears blurry and pixelated but opens up satisfactorily in other software programmes.  Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thom.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 19.37.53.png

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 19.37.53 (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do the tools still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to disable the GPU.

Click on the menu icon to open the ACR preferences (or press Cmd+K), then uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per

Thanks.   Of late, the periodic bright coloured symbols and sliders have also appeared in Photoshop as well as in ACR.   The latest iteration showed the issue occurring in Photoshop but not ACR.  I have taken your advice and unticked the "Use Graphics Processor" box in ACR.  I have done the same in the Photoshop performance preferences.   I will need to wait a while to see if disabling graphics processing resolves the problem.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per,

Regrettably turning off graphics processing in both PS and ACR has not prevented the ACR screen from showing the brightly coloured symbols and sliders.  I had the attached image open in PS.  It is saved as a smart object and I had opened it once or twice from PS to ACR and all was ok.  The next time I opened the image from PS to ACR the symbols and sliders were as shown in the attached screen shot.  I do not know what these bright colours signify apart from they show something is wrong.

Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 20.19.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried restarting Photoshop, or even restarting the computer? (with GPU turned off)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines