• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm X-T3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a new Fujifilm X-T3 & cannot upload the RAF files to Lightroom, I can on my X-Pro2.

I have updated the latest versions of Lightroom & mac up dates too, still no luck.

Please can any one suggest a solution?

Thanks

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Lightroom does not yet support the X-T3. It will soon.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Fuji XT-3 RAW files

You'll have to use Fujifilm's own software until support is added to Lightroom.

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Ver.1.3.0 Installer for Mac | Fujifilm Global

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not yet support the X-T3. It will soon.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Fuji XT-3 RAW files

You'll have to use Fujifilm's own software until support is added to Lightroom.

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Ver.1.3.0 Installer for Mac | Fujifilm Global

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been on the cutting edge of a brand new camera before, so I don't know what "soon" means.  How long does it usually take for Camera Raw to get the update after a new release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing official here, but I'm guessing it will be 4-6 weeks before the next Camera Raw update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking of buying the Fuji X-T3 (currently have X-Pro2), but may delay if I have to wait 4-6 weeks before I can process the XT3 RAW files in LR Classic CC and PS CC (and Topaz Studio). 

What does the Adobe DNG Converter do? Does that only work with older versions of LR and PS?

I am working under Windows 10 not MAC.

HELP... is there no workaround until Adobe updates its Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG converter will create digital negative (DNG) copies of raw files that many users prefer to use in lieu of the native raw files. They are usually smaller and more portable in that they are in a standard container. Many users use them because they are using older versions of Lightroom or Camera Raw that do not support the latest camera models, and that is one of the benefits of the DNG format. It can be backward compatible. However, new camera models must wait for the release of the latest DNG converter to be supported by it. And it will be released at the same time Lightroom and Camera Raw are updated so even the DNG converter isn't a solution right now. Unfortunately, as far as the Adobe software is concerned, it's simply a waiting game. There's nothing that can be done to expedite things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy Iridient X-transformer which  converts your X-T3 RAF files to DNG.  Program coast $29.95 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the open source software Darktable or RawTherapee which support the X-T3 even before it was officially available on the market Doesn't cost you a cent and bridges the time till Adobe finally releases the update. Just make sure you install the most recent development version and not the latest stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy Iridient X-transformer which  converts your X-T3 RAF files to DNG.  Program coast $29.95

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO I tried everything last night to open my new XT3 raw files. Even Adobe's DNG converter doesn't recognize them yet. Fuji's software does but I'm not going there.

However - one software DID open them. Guess which one? Scroll down for the answer . . .

-

-

-

-

-

-

Luminar by Skylum - it opened my XT3 files no problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luminar by Skylum - it opened my XT3 files no problems!

Interesting.

Even Luminar's own documentation does not list the X-T3 as being supported yet.

https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/luminar/Supported_cameras_Luminar_2018_121.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah the colors were a little funky but it DID open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Luminar is opening it because the code it's reading is very close to existing Raw formats and therefore readable - but not officially supported yet. Just a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iridient software worked for me. $29.99

Georgette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also does Capture One! Guys at Adobe, what's wrong? You're calling and claiming yourself the market leaders in photography post-processing. X-T3 is out for a while yet. Also, others proofed being able to make it happen.

What's the roadmap saying for this please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chill my man/woman. Adobe don't churn out a new release for every single new camera that's released the moment it's released. It'll be in whatever the next update is, which at the moment seems to be every couple of months (June, August... October?). It just so happens that Capture One have just done a big tie-in with Fuji so their new release was bound to have X-T3 built in as they'll have been working closely with Fuji to get this deal done. ACR beta has been working with the X-T3 files but that isn't available to the public (DPReview had access a few weeks ago and it was clearly not ready yet).

Also, there is no 'roadmap' for Adobe LR. Just be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, Adobe released updates to new cameras more promptly before the subscription.  They didn't have to wait to make fixes to photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TandemBob  wrote

If I remember correctly, Adobe released updates to new cameras more promptly before the subscription.  They didn't have to wait to make fixes to photoshop. 

I don't think so. Camera Raw and Lightroom have always been updated and released at the same time. Camera Raw is for Photoshop, and Lightroom and Photoshop have always needed to be kept synchronized even before the subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a dumb question however, once the XT3 RAW files are supported in LR, is there a difference in quality of the files between using an older LR version (I have 5.7.1) compared to the most current up to date LR with the monthly subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality (in my opinion) has improved significantly since Lightroom 5.7.1. But when the camera is finally supported in the Lightroom it won't have any impact on Lightroom 5.7.1. it will only be supported in Classic and in the new Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom) after they have been updated. Lightroom 5.7.1 is no longer being supported in any way. That means there are no updates that will affect that version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom exclusively for quite a while, but at the Photokina 2018 last week I had a long conversation with a Fuji rep who does frequent training programs in the Cologne area. He strongly recommended the new Capture One Pro Fujifilm edition, explaining that the developers at Capture One had worked very closely with Fuji to be able to get as much as possible out of the Fuji RAW files. I was able to test an XT3 for a full day at the show, with the 50-140 2.8 lens, and since then I've been testing the files I got with Capture One and comparing them to the results in Lightroom.

I can't do direct comparisons between the XT3 in Lightroom and Capture One yet, because LR doesn't support its RAFs yet. However, Capture One absolutely does get a lot more out of the RAFs from my XT20 (same sensor as the XT2) than Lightroom does. It recovers more out of the shadows and highlights and does it more cleanly, and its overall capabilities give me much more control and are a joy to use. And the new XT3 sensor is a significant advance again, with a very visible edge in quality over the sensor in my XT20.

I will be getting an XT3 as soon as I get the money together, and I will also be switching to Capture One Pro. It's clear that Capture One cares enough about Fuji cameras to work directly with Fuji and make a special edition of their powerful software just for Fuji, and Fuji has enough confidence with the Capture One developers to work with them directly. The only open question might be how the support is going to be for the GFX series, which is a competitor for the medium format cameras made by Phase One, which is the same company as Capture One. However, the Phase One cameras are in a very different price class, so maybe that's not an issue. Others would have to weigh in on that issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's what I expected but wanted to verify first. Looks like I will be upgrading...it was only a matter of time anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others say Iridient X Transformer will covert the raws to dng for you to open in LR, but: bear in mind the dng will be around three or four times the size of the raw file, not smaller, due to the mosaiced method Fuji uses to encode the RGB data in their raw files; and none of the Fuji film simulations will be available for the dng in LR because LR still doesn’t have any X-T3 profiles yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

Lightroom is the wrong tool to use for Fujiflim RAW files - even if LR could interpret them.

Lightroom is notorious for making a meat pie out of Fuji files - horrible in fact.

Save yourself a lot of angst and read Thomas Fitzgerald's excellent article.

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2017/3/updated-iridient-x-transformer-settings

After reading the article, purchase Iridient X-Transformer (X - for Fuji-X Iridient has transformers for other brands too.)

Iridient X-Transformer costs $29 and can be used on 2 computers.

Personally I don't care if Adobe EVER supports Fuji RAW - there are a number of other programs that do a much better job.

LR is a great product - use it after you have converted to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends *entirely* on what sort of photography you're doing, John.

Trust me I’ve read everything about LR, Iridient, C1, everything, and all of TF’s great articles.

Unfortunately that tool is completely unsuitable for my work. As a wedding and event photographer I am working with hundreds and hundreds of culled raw files at a time. Converting an XT3 raf to dng almost quadruples the size of each file. Multiply that by say 500 minimum, more like 700, and easily 900 before a final cull during the editing process, and it’s generating a completely impractical amount of data for me to store. I'd say I'd end up with at least 3-4TB of data per year to store, whereas with raf files it's just 1TB on average.

Also, hate to say it, but I’ve tried a bunch of Iridient settings and to be honest at the size my clients are viewing and printing their files the difference, while occasionally noticeable at 100% if you know where to look, doesn’t warrant the extra storage space I’d need to invest in.

So, it's almost definitely worth it for the hobbyist, and for professionals who work with a very limited number of finished files per shoot where the small, localised improvements Iridient makes in very specific areas of the image are part and parcel of the work they're delivering. But not for me.

And frankly, LR really isn't as bad as you make out. It absolutely isn't "a meat pie, horrible in fact".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines