• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm X-T3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a new Fujifilm X-T3 & cannot upload the RAF files to Lightroom, I can on my X-Pro2.

I have updated the latest versions of Lightroom & mac up dates too, still no luck.

Please can any one suggest a solution?

Thanks

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Lightroom does not yet support the X-T3. It will soon.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Fuji XT-3 RAW files

You'll have to use Fujifilm's own software until support is added to Lightroom.

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Ver.1.3.0 Installer for Mac | Fujifilm Global

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I totally understand...
Yes - if you turn sharpening off it's okay. And yes, I fall under the category of hobbyist/professional and do not handle the number of files you do. I've used LR for some time, and gotten good results, but using other means to handle the RAFs, prior to LR, has given me better (more pleasing to me) results with fewer steps and less fussing.
Thanks for calling BS on me as needed!!...there's always more than one way...
/john  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not BS by any means, just a subjective opinion based on a particular taste and way of working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Owen,

Agree. LR is definitely usable for Fuji X-Trans RAF files. One thing that a many users miss is that by default, LR will apply its own profile to imported RAW files. This used to be right down at the bottom of the Develop pane and was easy to miss. Now that it's up in the Basic section at the top of Develop it's easier to find. That's obviously not the only factor, but setting one of Fuji's own film profiles to the default goes a long way towards getting a much better starting point.

On LR for Fuji generally: I'm just trying out Capture One Pro Fujifilm edition (which already supports XT3 RAF natively), and while I find it impressive in some aspects I'm not sure it's enough so for me to want to switch. They don't support the Fuji Film Profiles yet (although that is allegedly coming) and so far I haven't seen enough of a quality difference to make me want to abandon my PS/LR subscription and switch to the more expensive Capture One subscription. In many ways I still find LR faster and more intuitive to get good results with. However, much of that may be because I've been using LR for so long and am only just starting with CO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be time to switch - I have lately been feeling like I use Lightroom for the same reason people use MS Office - market saturation. MS, is in my humble opinion has a monopoly and behaves that way.  Is Adobe the same way? Are there more hungry companies, willing provide the tools people have been asking for?
Fujifilm is a wonderful company that is product and customer centric - and they have worked closely with Capture One.

With monthly subscription options, switching becomes a good option...you can always go back and don't need to take a $350 bath.

Hmmm.....
Rambling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it may be time to switch: I just discovered the skin tone color editor in Capture One. It is seriously, seriously awesome... :-0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've obviously not used Lightroom recently then. It works very well with Fuji RAW (RAF) files. IMHO Irridient is absolutely awful for my work (portraits). Makes a complete pig's ear out of skin, regardless of settings. Using Irridient actually increases my workflow, s I have to go and fix what it screwed up. I'll stick with LR and wait for the Camera Raw update for the X-T3.

Also DNG Converter doesn't recognise the X-T3 files either. It says "The source folder does not contain any camera raw supported files....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Updated L/R (Classic) last night & still the files are not recognised?? Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The X-T3 is still not yet supported in Lightroom. There has been no change on that since you started this discussion.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You'll have to wait until the next Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I actually got to speak with someone on the phone from Adobe support, they said up to three weeks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with my XT3.

Presumably if I shoot in JPEG rather than RAW, Lightroom will be able to process the JPEG files out of the camera? (I can test this of course, just wondered if anyone had tried it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that’s gonna work. The JPEG sooc is a no brainer for Lightroom here.

You May want to go with Capture One for Fuji Express for a while. It’s free of charge and allows basic adjustments for your Fuji RAW from the X-T3.

Having said this, I fell in love and just started evaluating C1 Pro as it seems to me to handle Fuji RAW much more better than Lr does/did since I started using it.

Sorry to say, as I really  like the Adobe Ecosystem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously - Iridient X-Transformer does a great job. See my post above - and yes, it does make the files larger (and if you are a pro shooter shooting hundreds of frames, it is probably not practical) - but lightroom reads them and Iridient X-Transformer should probably be in your toolbox anyway. At $29 - it is well worth it.
No tool does it all.

The fuji jpegs are gorgeous - but sometimes you want the raw stock.

-peace

/john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one that has issues with Capture One? Most of the files get imported, but some of them are badly imported, like having a very purple tone or something like that.
To be honest I have created so many presets, invested so much time on LR, that it would be hard for me to switch so easily to another software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No import errors with Capture One Pro here so far, but I've only been testing it since the weekend. However, I have used it on a lot of XT3 and XT20 files without issue, both RAF and JPG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some test shots this weekend and I had some strange results, I even tried Luminar, just for the sake to open files, and some files open some others don't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Capture One Pro Fujifilm and my XT3 RAF files are rendered with a strong purple hue. I've never used the application, but after half an hour of tweaking settings and googling solutions, I can't resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had that kind of problem with capture one. I'm not sure what would be causing that. I downloaded and I'm using Capture One Pro, not the Fuji version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MCB1975 as BertVDK​ mentioned this seems to be connected to images taken in sports mode. It is definitely a bug in Capture One and I already reported it to them. I am pretty sure that they will update it at some point. For now you could use the X RAW Studio. Connected via a USB3.1/Thunderbolt 3 port the transfer and processing is really fast and much better than on older Fujifilm cameras. It is a very basic tool as you can only use the in camera modifications for the film simulation, but the settings are very powerful. Especially the Shadow Tone can push blacks extremely good. When I am not 100% happy with the colour I either choose something close to the style I want and add finishing touches on the exported JPEG via VSCO, Polarr, GIMP or Darktable. Sometimes I just use ETERNA as it is the flattest output and reacts very good to filters and colour LUTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you’re not the not the only one. ¾ of my files are purple as well. It seems that those are the pics taken in so called “sports modus”.

Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I am getting on my card is the folder FFDB when opened I get FFXFER.Dat

Iridient X-Transformer.app does not work with this information.

The images were captured in both raw and jpeg and show up on the camera screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this converter to open my X-T3 Raw-files with the Fuji film profiles and save it as a tiff. Then open it in LR, works fine for me till Adobe updates LR:

RAW FILE CONVERTER | Fujifilm Global

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One processes the X-T3 raw files beautifully.  You can try it free for 30 days if you need to process the files within the 4-6 weeks being estimated here for Light room and Photoshop to be compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as Lightroom doesn't support XT3 RAF files yet, I'll be shooting in FINE at a football match today.

I'm hoping there won't be too much image degradation. Indeed, JPEG out of Fuji tends to be pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded SilkyPix Pro9 which was recently released. It supports the T3 compressed RAWs and got the Fuji Film Profiles. I don't like the user interface and the slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe and they will be updating possibly in JANUARY!!!!!!!! for this model.  So sorry I jumped on upgrading to this model!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines