• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm X-T3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a new Fujifilm X-T3 & cannot upload the RAF files to Lightroom, I can on my X-Pro2.

I have updated the latest versions of Lightroom & mac up dates too, still no luck.

Please can any one suggest a solution?

Thanks

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Lightroom does not yet support the X-T3. It will soon.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Fuji XT-3 RAW files

You'll have to use Fujifilm's own software until support is added to Lightroom.

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Ver.1.3.0 Installer for Mac | Fujifilm Global

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I don't really care when they update Lightroom. The quality that I am getting from capture one is far superior to anything I got in Lightroom. I also like the fact that in Capture One not everything I put in has to be in my catalog I can have individual sessions for specific shoots. If I could find a comprable replacement for Photoshop I would drop Adobe completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cewells You could try out GIMP. The user interface is somewhat intimidating at first but especially thanks to G'MIC it is extremely powerful. I know some photographers that even do their RAW processing in GIMP. It's not as easy to use as Photoshop and does have a steep learning curve but as it is open source and therefore free to use its worth a try.

I also heard that some people use Krita for retouching and some editing steps. Not as powerful as GIMP but easier to use and open source as well.

Due to Adobe taking this long to release an update supporting this camera I am getting more and more reluctant to buy an iPad Pro with Lightroom CC for editing and instead think about purchasing something different and use X RAW Studio and Capture One and receive better IQ and faster/better Fujifilm support on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will check it out, RAW processing is what I need to have in order to get away from Photoshop. I am finding as I learn more about Capture One that many things I used to do in Photoshop I can do in Capture One so that is a big help as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just released the DNG Converter 11.0 with support for the X-T3.

Downloads:

Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/

Mac:  http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/

More info on converting raw files to DNG with the DNG Converter can be found here:  Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it will be possible to convert my Raw files to DNG. I guess that is one step closer and Adobe is beginning to figure it out but I don’t normally use DNG files. I do appreciate you passing on the update, thank you Jeffery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeffreyOD

Thanks for the update. When will Ps and Lr actually update with the ability to convert in the app? At least we have the converter now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey, for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m likely doing something wrong however when I import the converted photos into LR upon Building Previews all the files turn to black and white. Somehow they are switching to the ACROS profile instead of Adobe Standard. Why is this happening? Is there a way to correct it? I’m am a LR lover but extremely disappointed and frustrated at not bekng able to adequately edit my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's outrageous, they told me at the most three weeks (that was two weeks back)

I have no opinion of Capture having never used it, I have used Lightroom exclusively & don't fancy having to re learn as I can quite speedily edit a wedding.

But seriously, come on Adobe I pay you every month, shouldn't you be at the top of your game???????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is just pissed because Capture One and Fuji have agreed to collaborate with support for all Fuji cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope that this is not true...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stover14

I suggest to download the C1 and - important - on first run select on the licence menu that pops up "More".

There you'll find a Fujifilm Express version which is fully free.

It is of course missing many features of the pro version, and you may use it only on Fujis RAW files.

However: In terms of developing Fujifilm RAF it is a dramatical improvement over Lr/ARC and is fully aware of the X-Trans layer. No more micro worms and ugly noise reduction. C1 develops RAF files in a brilliant manner, also if shot at ISO 3200 and higher, noise reductions is superb and no problem.

And it is fast.

You may import all your existing files and folder structure and must not move or double somethings. Only a little additional space is used on disk for the C1 Catalog. To do so, select in the import section of import dialog "Current Location" for the destination folder.

More info here Capture One software compatible with FUJIFILM GFX and X Series cameras now available | Fujifilm Glob... , you'll find there also a download link (you may download any of the latest C1 versions, just be careful at first start if you want to go with the free one).

Have fun,

Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you Roland, the processing of RAW files is much better in Capture One than in Lightroom.  I use the Pro version so I can't comment on any limitations in the Fuji only version but everything I am doing in in Capture One from tethering to processing of the images, to me, is much cleaner with better results.  I also love not having to jump to a develop module to edit the images and the customizable interface I can modify for my workflow.  For anyone wanting to convert there are a number of good YouTube videos on switching and the best way to handle your catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Pro version so I can't comment on any limitations in the Fuji only version

The Fuji version is available in both Pro and Free versions. The free version is what you now get free of charge with all Fuji cameras and has some limitations. The Pro version is exactly the same as the normal Pro version except that it can only import from Fuji cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit disappointed in Adobe - the DNG converter works fine, but does nothing to address the demosaicing  issue. It isn't like Fujifilm is a new, fringe brand, or that Adobe is underfunded and unable to address the issue head on (commit development dollars.) Adobe seems content to open, or convert the files, but not really support them the way the leading software company might (or should.)

Capture One has not won my heart (but works well) - the menu and tools typefaces are too small...the crop tool and composition overlays are years behind LR's tools - thank goodness the product is free.
At this point, I am using a handful of tools to process images - LR is becoming the last step.

If they don't WOW! us when they finally release an update that includes much better Fujifilm support - what is keeping us? Why would we remain loyal - when Adobe does not embrace Fujifilm users.

*for the record, I am not a pro-shooter, processing hundreds upon hundreds of images - I'm ones and twos...I just want a one stop shop - but I don't lose money when I screw with a complicated workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnskewes​ the only thing that Adobe has an advantage in is their mobile Lightroom CC application. I am still pondering about buying an iPad Pro or the new iPad 2018 as they have excellent colour accuracy and I could use the pen for the brush tools. But since the release of the X-T3 I have the feeling that the much better solution would be a mobile version of the X RAW Studio. If Fujifilm would release something like this it would be truly amazing for my mobile/travelling workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO is a free Fuji application to read all their RAW files.  The problem that I see is that you have to install on your PC, then connect your camera via USB and utilizes the X Processor Pro in the camera instead of the CPU in the computer to do the conversion.  Despite the fact it’s the camera that’s performing the RAW conversion, the RAFs have to be physically on your computer for it to work (so NOT on the SD card of the camera).  You can only convert X-Pro2 RAFs with a connected X-Pro2 camera, and only X-T2 RAFs with a connected X-T2 etc.  All the while, you hope that the camera battery does not run out if you have hundreds of files to process.

I have found that Phase One "Capture One Express Fujifilm currently reads the Fuji X-T3 RAF files.  It is free to Fuji camera owners and it has some editing features, however, not as many features as the FUJIFILM PRO version which is a paid version (subscription or perpetual) licensing.  You can import RAW Fuji files, add wide variety of edits, label, rate, keyword, filter and then output them in a variety of formats, JPEG, TIFF, DNG, PNG etc.  I will be testing the quality of the resultant DNG with the same in LR when they finally support X-T3 and other new cameras and their formats.  If I like the quality of the conversion better, I may permanently change my workflow and just import DNG's into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cjs849  wrote

FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO is a free Fuji application to read all their RAW files.  The problem that I see is that you have to install on your PC, then connect your camera via USB and utilizes the X Processor Pro in the camera instead of the CPU in the computer to do the conversion.  Despite the fact it’s the camera that’s performing the RAW conversion, the RAFs have to be physically on your computer for it to work (so NOT on the SD card of the camera).

But that is the huge advantage of X RAW Studio. You will always receive the high JPEG quality straight from your Fujifilm camera. Having the RAFs physically on my computer is a none issue as well. Either plug in the SD card of the camera or transfer the photos to your PC. You have to do the same thing with every other post processing software as well.

cjs849  wrote

You can only convert X-Pro2 RAFs with a connected X-Pro2 camera, and only X-T2 RAFs with a connected X-T2 etc.  All the while, you hope that the camera battery does not run out if you have hundreds of files to process.

The battery shouldn't be an issue. Every camera that is supported in X RAW Studio and was released after the X-Pro2 can charge via USB. So you are not only processing the images on the camera but charge it at the same time.

cjs849  wrote

I have found that Phase One "Capture One Express Fujifilm currently reads the Fuji X-T3 RAF files.  It is free to Fuji camera owners and it has some editing features, however, not as many features as the FUJIFILM PRO version which is a paid version (subscription or perpetual) licensing.  You can import RAW Fuji files, add wide variety of edits, label, rate, keyword, filter and then output them in a variety of formats, JPEG, TIFF, DNG, PNG etc.  I will be testing the quality of the resultant DNG with the same in LR when they finally support X-T3 and other new cameras and their formats.  If I like the quality of the conversion better, I may permanently change my workflow and just import DNG's into LR.

If you want to transcode to DNG you could also try the X-Transformer by Iridient Digital. The quality of the resulting DNGs is very good and it is a very cheap software for what it delivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's Camera Raw update now opens my XT-3 RAW files!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean an update for the XT3, or an update for Lightroom?

What application now opens your XT-3 RAW files? Lightroom? Or something else?

I've updated Lightroom today and it still can't open my XT3 RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think you mean Adobe DNG Converter 11, innit?

Scepticism is the first step towards truth. Denis Diderot

The laws of biology are written in the language of diversity. – E. O. Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no new Camera Raw app for the moment. Adobe DNG Converter 11, you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I wasn't specific enough in my excitement.  Sorry! 

Camera Raw CC *and* Photoshop CC both had major updates that I downloaded just this morning.  Now, I am able to open my XT-3 RAW files in Camera Raw via Photoshop.  (both CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released PS 20.0 with ACR 11.0 and Lightroom 8.0 today to coincide with Adobe MAX this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good news - I just installed the update and YES - you can import X-T3 RAFs.

But! Load Iridient X-Transformer and see the difference - the X-T3 RAFs, opened in LR are still wormy and you have to turn off sharpening and not turn it back on - YES you can sharpen in PS...but I'll still use X-Transformer.

Good-news is the the emulations are there.

But man, I wish Adobe had wowed us. This is not a WOW! this is a...whatever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines