• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

going from Elements 9 to 2020

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating from elements 9 to elements 2020 to accomodate my new Nikon D750, ( I was shooting with a D60). Do I need to remove elements 9 before I install 2020?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, in fact it would probably be good to leave ps 9 installed, at least for awhile until you get familiar with pse 2020.

Another issue to be aware of is pse 2020 is a 64 bit application while pse 9 is 32 bit, so if you have any favorite third party plugins you used in pse 9 they most likely won't work with pse 2020 unless the plugin maker has updated 64 bit versions available.

If and when you decided to unistall pse 9, it's best to unistall both pse 9 and pse 2020, then reinstall pse 2020, so all the file associations and such don't get messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, I have not been running any 3rd party plug ins, just straight up elements 9 for mostly photography work and have been updated to Windows 10 for a while. I was thinking that there might be a learning curve going from such a dated version, so i guess I won't be in any rush seeing as how they will be fine together.

thanks..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines