Grainy Images since ACR 9.12.1

Hi, I found that since the recent update (9.12.1) the image quality in the ACR-windows ist really bad.

The quality returns to normal, by selcting the GPU-accelaertion to off...

GPU-acceleration ON:

gpu_on.png

GPU-acceleration OFF:

gpu_off.png

The image looks like shot with ISO12800, but its shot with ISO200. And the rendered image is good as well.

As a result of this issue the "Visualize Spots" tools is affected as well, because due to the grainy picture, real spots are "overlaid"...

Regards!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Grainy Images since ACR 9.12.1

Hi, I found that since the recent update (9.12.1) the image quality in the ACR-windows ist really bad.

The quality returns to normal, by selcting the GPU-accelaertion to off...

GPU-acceleration ON:

gpu_on.png

GPU-acceleration OFF:

gpu_off.png

The image looks like shot with ISO12800, but its shot with ISO200. And the rendered image is good as well.

As a result of this issue the "Visualize Spots" tools is affected as well, because due to the grainy picture, real spots are "overlaid"...

Regards!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
1 Reply

Re: Grainy Images since ACR 9.12.1

Adobe Community Professional, Sep 08, 2017

I have just a couple of suggestions. Make sure that your graphics driver is up to date. Generally speaking, enabling GPU support is only going to affect those who are using high-resolution 4K/5K monitors anyway. My computer is an older one and GPU support is disabled automatically, so I never worry about It.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines