• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief man they gave the option to see the new UI saying you can revert back to the old UI then when you do it was all a lie and you are stuck with this ridiculous new UI. You can not even download ACR 12.2.1 to get back to the old UI. Who is the nitwit at Adobe that thought this was a good idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nice but you can not even log into that forum to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think just like you BikerChad, this new Camera Raw is the worst, it is a terrible mess to work, for that I move to another program, please, Adobe, I beg you, for the love of God, give us back the old RAW user interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you saw what you wanted to see. As I recall, that dialogue indicated that the new default for the thumbnails in Camera Raw was along the bottom of the screen. You could choose that new default, and if you didn't like it you could switch it back to the old position for the thumbnails. That's what I remember. I don't remember it saying anything about the ability to go back to the old UI. You should be able to log into that forum with your Adobe ID and password. It's available to all who have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t mind the new layout and improvements but a massive fail is moving the tool bar on the right hand side as opposed to it being along the top of the window. It requires about 3 times more mouse/cursor travel, and on big screens that gets seriously annoying. Please provide an option to choose top or right for the tool bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even i dont mind new UI but they should have kept all buttons and tools on their original position. save as and open images also changed to top and bottom right i prefer the way it was close to each other on bottom left side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree........this is horrible. I'm wondering if it's  possible to uninstall the update so I can reinstall it and then pick the old UI.....I can't even work with this and the font is so small it' s useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to tell you this, but the June 2020 Camera Raw is more complicated and less easy to use than the previous version.  Why hide things in submenus, when they were more than adequately available previously? 

Click on Detail and one has to search for a way to change Masking, Radius, and Detail.  I found out how but those were immediately available previously.  Who approved these changes?

Is there a way to go back to the old screen and keep the ACR updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know where to begin ... want to go back to older vesion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  Same issue.  Where's the masking in detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate it too. Who can we complain to? I have been using ACR for almost 20 years now and all updates have been minor. This update was completely unexpected and not at all convenient or intuitive. At least you can still open up previously installed versions of PhotoShop or Bridge if you don't want to use new versions. Here we were just left with this disaster. I have a lot of files to process right now and we're stuck with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on one of the arrows on the right side of any of the three adjustments listed under Details.  Really dumb changes.

Don't understand the reason for the changes, as all the same functions and adjustments are available, just in a less obvious presentation.  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could come back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm angry because I don't think about the position of existing users at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the New ACR 12.3.0. I liked that the Interface was different to Lightrooms' Develop Module. That was my reasoning for prefering ACR over LR. Do you know if I can just go back to the previous version of ACR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to Camera Raw 11.4.1. Much better! Adobe must have used a new trainee to change the layout of ACR, worst update in the history of ACR!

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 12.3 update has to be the worst ACR update yet. 
With no option to use the old-style layout that we are used to. As a full-time photographer time is money and I do not have the time to go through another learning curve, especially for no reason other than someone at Adobe, decided to change everything around in ACR. What makes this worse is that the new update has slowed down my workflow and made it a lot more difficult to see the tools on my 13" laptop when I am on location. This is because all the tools are now crammed into a small space making it very cluttered. This does not make any sense as there is still room where the tools used to be, so this has achieved nothing!

I have had to revert back to the old Camera Raw 11.4.1, just so I can get on with my job, which is completely ridiculous! 

I hope Adobe can fix this soon. 

Link to revert back to the old Camera Raw 11.4.1
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was lucky enough to have automatic updates turned off on my home office computer. However, my day job and the computers at my design business got the aweful 12.3 update. I have tried using it and I absolutely despise it. The new ACR version is terrible it looks bad, lost functions, and is slower to use. I so want to go back to the previous UI. Adobe, please if you care about your customers give us the ability to go back to the old version. I have always been a fan of Adobe, but the new ACR is bad. Really bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please offer a choice of UI design.

As many have said here, if we wanted the Lightroom style, we'd use Lightroom. I've got the option to use LR but I don't as I really don't like the UI. Now, the software that I've grown to understand so well over the years has disappeared with no choice in the matter allowed.

I'm a professional photographer, working to a deadline, and have just opened my laptop to file a set of images and have absolutely no idea how to find anything on the software that my company pays a lot of money for.

I have no problem with it being an option but please PLEASE make it exactly that; an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated this morning. It certainly did give the choice of new UI or keeping the old, along with the note that you can change it back later in Preferences. I, too, went ahead, believing the dialog box's statement I could revert to old UI in Preferences... But there is no such option to revert to old UI. I spent a couple of hours fumbling around trying to find my old reliable tools, now disguised under non-intuitive drop-down menus. This really sucks big time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want to see that screen again because it definitely did give me the impression there was a simple revert option in preferences, like you get in Facebook or Twitter when they're trying a new design. So infuriating to find that the only option appears to be where you want the film strip and how often you want to click arrow tabs, rather than actually editing an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a so bad interface. like like they did not consulted someone who really works in ACR with multiple images. its so sad! 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/new-acr-12-3-interface-is-terrible-with-many-hassles-1-of-i... '

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the official blog: https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/06/acrv12-3.html
It starts with the new interface, and there is no suggestion that there would be a choice between new and old. I could only find a Chinese screenshot of the message. I don't read Chinese so maybe I'm wrong, but it does look like a choice in film strip position only. Both suggest the new interface (notice the downward triangle to open a tab).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to the previous camera raw but had to revert to the previous Bridge version also to get raw and tif thumbnails to show. So far, everything looks back to normal now. Thanks to those that posted the raw reversion link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, I studied this screen when doing the install, the English version, read and re-read it to be certain that my choice was reversible and the  stated option to revert to old UI was very clear. It explicitly labeled the two options  "New UI" and old/previous UI ... it would make no sense to offer two filmstrip positions when it is easily moved in the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate