• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Pentax KP camera & I have taken images in HDR. This camera takes 3 images & blends them in the camera to 1 image  but still produces a RAW file.

I can see the image has HDR in the camera play back and if the image is viewed in Internet explorer. When opened in bridge, Camera RAW or Photoshop CC the

image shows no HDR.

IMGP5105.jpg  Untitled.jpg

Photoshop                                                    Camera Playback Internet explorer

This is the first time I have used HDR in my camera.

Any Help appreciated

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

It sounds like Photoshop or Camera Raw is not recognizing your camera settings for the HDR. You should be able to set those in Camera Raw - try using the auto adjust first, just to see how well it adjust the values. Frankly, your camera playback example is overdone, so you might be able to do a better job in Camera Raw.

Top image is an HDR with all the Camera Raw setting reset, much like what you're showing. The bottom image is the same image with using auto settings in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like Photoshop or Camera Raw is not recognizing your camera settings for the HDR. You should be able to set those in Camera Raw - try using the auto adjust first, just to see how well it adjust the values. Frankly, your camera playback example is overdone, so you might be able to do a better job in Camera Raw.

Top image is an HDR with all the Camera Raw setting reset, much like what you're showing. The bottom image is the same image with using auto settings in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe's Supported Cameras list, there is a note by the newly-supported K-1 II that pixel-shift raws are not supported beyond the first raw of the 4, and for the older K-3 II there is a note that HDRs from it are not supported and you have to merge the 3 raw files in LR's HDR mode, so I suspect HDR-modes on other Pentaxes have the same issue:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Now the KP isn't the K-3 II so it's possible something different is happening.

Also I suspect IE is merely showing you the camera-embedded preview JPG and isn't doing anything with the actual raw data.

If you want us to take a look, please upload your HDR RAW to somewhere like dropbox, googledrive or onedrive and post a public download link, here.  We're all just users, here, so it's not like we know any inside information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know of any programs that will show the HDR image created in the camera?

Have Googled this but not come up with anything.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even this article about DCU5, the software that ships with Pentax cameras, ends showing how to separate the three raw files and use other software like Nik HDR Efex Pro or Lightroom/ACR/Photoshop to merge and tone the files, so that might be the best way:

DCU5 and HDR Photography Workflow - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much. This has solved my problem. A bit of a nuisance having to use two programs but at least I can achieve the result I am after. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I shoot HDR on my Canon I rarely use what the camera produces for it's HDR JPG but have the camera set to save the 3 raws it used, and just Merge-To-HDR in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines